Side Story I: Macau

I'm back! Hello again! Thank you so so much for sticking around and giving this story a read! It had been a hell of a journey there, but as of now, I'm still too attached to this fic, and sooooo as promised, here is the first side story, taking place a few months after the meteor strike (I'm planning to write a few more too actually) :D

Once again, I'm so grateful for and I appreciate all of you! I hope you enjoy the update. Happy reading!

(P/S: Smut alert in this chapter *inserts winky face*)

♠️♣️♦️♥️

It had been three months since Shuntarou Chishiya had almost died in the Tokyo meteor strike disaster, and two since he had been discharged from the hospital following recovering from said incident. And yet, even after such a traumatizing event, he was still expected to be back to work not long after. It was what it was, though. People wouldn't stop being sick just because he had been hospitalized for a month.

He couldn't get a fucking break, literally. The moment he could function at one hundred percent capacity again, he was sent on a plane with a few of his superiors and colleagues to a medical conference abroad. Why on earth that conference was in Macau, he had no clue. The people coming on this trip with him seemed to be happy about the location, though. He had heard them talk to each other on the plane about hitting the casinos when the long, boring meetings were over. Well, that would mean that in one way or another, he would have to come with them, too. Hospital politics and whatnot.

Yet, as bothersome as this whole thing seemed, he didn't dislike the idea of maybe entertaining himself with a game or two with his colleagues. After all, he should allow himself a few moments to unwind. Life was too short to not do that.

"I don't know why." He said to himself as he unzipped his suitcase and pushed it against the wall of his hotel room. "But I was kinda looking forward to this trip, actually"

In the next six days, he would be bored to death at the conference. Maybe he should sneak out at least once to see the infamous beautiful Macanese coastlines at some point. Or hit the casinos again by himself. It wasn't like he was really needed at every single one of those meetings anyway. After his near-death experience, he had learned that when there was an opportunity to enjoy the finer things in life, he'd better take it before regretting not doing so later.

But for now, after a six-hour flight, he needed to get some rest. He would worry about his plans for the rest of the week later, when he was no longer sleep-deprived.

♠️♣️♦️♥️

Sun, sand, sea, and four nights at a fancy hotel, what else could she have wanted on a trip with her girl friends? After leading her volleyball team at Shibuya High to a convincing victory at nationals this season with a healing literal stab wound under her chest, she deserved this. It was the off-season and school was not in session; she didn't really have anything to do. Perfect time to splurge on a girls trip to Macau with Hikari and Rizuna.

And well, since this trip was taking a huge chunk of her bank account, even with Hikari and Rizuna pooling in their parts, she'd better make the most out of it.

That meant hitting the casino was a must-do. After all, casinos were what Macau had always been famous for. So, there she was, in a black strapless dress hitting right at her knees and long red cardigan that Hikari had picked out for her the last time they went shopping together, heading towards the casino of the fancy hotel she was staying at, on the last night of her trip. Arms linked with Hikari's and Rizuna's, she balanced herself on her black stilettos and, after taking a deep breath, strided onto the crimson carpeted floor.