hocus pocus.

"don't you ever tame your demons,

but always keep em' on a leash."

🖇 arsonist's lullaby - hozier

luna's/your pov

for the first time in my entire existence, i was excited to go back home.

i rushed through the crowded hallways yet again, as soon as i heard the last bell ring.

i needed to find a candle.

when i reached outside of my campus is when i realized it was pouring rain and thunderstorm warnings were sent to people's devices, asking them to stay indoors for the next 6 hours.

my peers were being difficult, refusing to stay back and take shelter in the school building for a couple of minutes until the rain isn't as heavy.

i didn't care enough to stay back either.

but i needed that damn candle.

and i knew where the secret stash of birthday decor was hidden by the receptionists.

aha, it's show time!

"hey ms. grey, you haven't left yet?"

you asked leaning onto your favorite receptionist's desk.

"are you visually impaired my dear? or do you just refuse to accept that i am old? if my ass steps outta this building during such weather you gon' be attending my funeral tomorrow."

"pfft what do you mean you're old? you argue like a pubescent and i have more wrinkles than you do." you stated with an obvious fake pout on her lips

"stop with the flattery i ain't planning on helping you with your shenanigans today" ms. grey said waving her hand dismissively.

"ms. grey you truly are a young prodigy, you carry yourself with such grace and humility and your beautiful smile is so infectious, how aren't you on the cover of vogue yet-"

"jesus okay! what do you want?" ms. grey exclaimed with rosy cheeks and a toothy grin.

"could you please lend me a candle? size doesn't matter of course i just need one for this project i'm doing, the deadline is tomorrow and considering the weather right now i probably won't be able to go and get one myself-"

"you want me to steal from the birthday stash!?" ms grey frowned, pointing a finger at you.

"you're talking like its gold ms. grey it's one bloody candle, i don't think anyone would even give enough of a shit to notice."

"i'll see what i can do." she said as she got up from her seat and walked towards the storage room, where all random essentials (along with the many pieces of furniture that students had etched obscure things onto) were stored.

about two minutes later she returned with a tiny box of birthday candles hidden in her sleeve.

"now act like you're giving me a firm handshake" she whispered.

you thought it was ridiculous but still complied.

"you're making it seem like a drug deal" you laughed as she slipped the box into your palm discreetly.

"if i get fired for this, i'll make sure to enter your mum's real number into the register before i leave."

"no you wouldn't you love me too much." you said blinking up at her with dramatic puppy eyes.