I.

Italy would like to believe there's some sort of higher power out there.

Well, he wouldn't like to believe. Not really.

Scratch that, he doesn't want to believe.

Honestly, he's scared to believe.

Every day there is something following him, watching his every move.

Every morning he wakes to see a silhouette of a person at the end of his bed, but when he blinks his tired eyes awake it's gone.

When he goes outside there's always a little white dove waiting for him, always with something shiny in hand.

He always knows when something bad is about to happen, it's as if someone whispers it into his ear to alert him. It's why France is scared of him, he told her a car was going to splash water on her and a minute later she was drenched.

Speaking of something bad happening, he always feels like he has some sort of protection when something happens. When he was walking with France, a large gust of wind knocked him to the side merely inches away from where France got splashed.

And every night when he goes to sleep, the sense of protection and love overcomes any other negative emotion as if someone comforts him throughout the night. Almost like a guardian protecting him at night.

He wonders if that's why he doesn't have any nightmares anymore.

But, he ignores it all.

When he wakes up he always has a gun to aim at the shadow, but he is always too late. Damn him for not being a morning person.

He always shoos away the dove, dumping away the treasures it brings him.

He now refuses to tell anyone if something bad is going to happen, he doesn't care really.

Whenever he gets that feeling of dread he stands against it, doing the exact opposite of what it warns him not to do. He wants to feel alive.

He stays awake for hours and hours each night, he doesn't like sleeping now. He doesn't want to feel safe or hear the whispers echoing in his mind.

He hates it. God knows how much he hates that fucking person always watching him.

He wonders if he can bug Japan and America into making a Time Machine, just so he can slap his child self, yelling at them not to go into the room.

Alas, he can not. All he can do is sit in false ignorant bliss and wait for the day it shows itself.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Vatican dislikes the foul thinking his like-minded cousin has.

He believes Italy was gifted by God himself, the Holy Father sending one of His angels to rescue Italy.

Italy should be grateful! Italy should feel honored! He has one of his own angels watching over him! At least that's what Vatican likes to believe.

From all of Vatican's research and extensive reading of all holy texts of Christianity, all signs point to an Angel. Italy should feel blessed, gosh dang it.

If Vatican adorned his own Angel, why the lord Himself would be impressed! He would solve so many world problems, all of his friends would be so pleased with him!

Maybe then they wouldn't resort to their harmful ways.

Maybe if Italy would share the powers and gifts his Angel helps with, then life wouldn't suck for all of them.

Maybe if Italy wouldn't be so selfish, life wouldn't be so crappy.

Maybe if Italy wouldn't be so sinful, life wouldn't be so shit-