Chapter One

"Why do I feel like I'm going to get my ass kicked by a teenager?" Cisco chuckled as we approached my childhood home arm in arm

"Possibly by two teenagers, Love." I corrected with a grin. "George might try to beat you with his second favorite book."

"Why second favorite?"

"Who would risk damaging their favorite book? Not Georgie, that's for sure." I laughed, before knocking on the door.

"I guess that makes sense." The American muttered with a shrug as we heard footsteps approaching.

The door swung open and a very unimpressed looking George appeared on the other side. His blank face turned into a shocked grin.

"Rose! What are you doing here?!" The bespectacled boy exclaimed with a smile before wrapping me in a quick side hug.

"I have news and I wanted to surprise you boys!" I chuckled before introducing Cisco. "George, this is Cisco, he's part of the exciting news."

"Cisco, this is George, my brother's best mate and roomie. Also a part of Anthony's agency."

"Great to finally meet you, George!" Cisco greeted, holding out his hand for the Karim boy to shake.

"We'll see." The younger boy mused, eyeing Cisco's hand, before glancing between myself and the Martinez.

Without another word George turned on his heel and walked farther into the house, leaving the door open for us to follow.

"Is Anthony home? I can't sense his smugness." I joked, earning amused snorts from George and Cisco.

"He's out running errands. I suspect he'll be back in a few." He told us, as Cisco and I sat down in the living room.

I made a point of sitting in my little brother's chair, knowing how irritated he'd get about it.

"Well played, Rose." George chuckled, making the older man beside me confused.

"This, my dear Francisco, is Anthony's chair. My little brother is very possessive of his chair." I explained with a grin.

"Childish, but effective." The Karim boy added, happy to join in on the shenanigans.

"I like the way you think, Ro." Cisco laughed, reaching out to hold my right hand.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening met my ears and the familiar footfalls of my baby brother echoed through 35 Portland Row.

"George, I'm back with the groceries!" Anthony's familiar tone rung out as he started to pass by the living room, not even realizing we were there.

"Drop them in the kitchen, we have clients in the living room." George told him, grinning mischievously at us.

"I'll be there in a mo." The youngest Lockwood stated loudly in a professional tone. I struggled to hold back a snicker, at how clueless my brother was.

"My apologies for the wait, I'm Lockwood—."Anthony froze in place when his sight set on my seated form.

"I suppose, I too am Lockwood, then little brother." I joked.

"Rosie?!" He gasped, as a bright smile grew on my little brother's face. I quickly stood and embraced the boy I hadn't seen since the last time I visited a year ago.

"Hi, Ant!"

"I thought you weren't visiting until Christmas!" He laughed in shock as we separated.

"That was the original plan, but Christmas would have been far too late to tell you the news." I chuckled grinning up at the younger boy who had surpassed me in height several years ago.

"What news? Who's he?" Anthony asked, pointing to Cisco.

"That's Cisco, I've mentioned him in nearly all of my letters over the past two years." I say with a laugh.

"I may have skimmed those ones." My brother awkwardly chuckled while avoiding eye contact with me.

"He's been stockpiling your letters over the last year, but barely reads them because he's illiterate." George joked, making Anthony glare at him.

"I'm not illiterate, just busy."

"Too busy to read the letters from your big sister?" I ask in a dramatic gasp.

"Yes!"

"Really feeling the love here, you little shit." I scoff with an eyeroll. "Since your such a smartass, guess the news."

"Tomorrow's going to rain." My brother said sarcastically.

"I meant the news I came to tell you, Anthony Jonathan!" I groaned, done with his bullshit.

"You're pregnant." He stated after a second of silently observing me.

"I'm not pregnant, Anthony! Aren't you supposed to be some sort of genius?"

"Genius? Yes. Psychic? No." Anthony snickered mockingly.

"Cisco and I are engaged." I finally explained and held up my left hand, the dainty engagement ring on full display.

"Obviously." My brother stated, trying to get on my nerves.

"I will smack you, Anthony. Don't test me."