PROLOGUE

THREE YEARS AGO

Audrianna looked out at the expanse of the surrounding hills and was awed by the beauty of the tropical rainforest. Trinidad was truly a beautiful place. A few feet from her was a steep cliff face that gave way to a ravine. She heard the sound of running water at the bottom, a few yards below. The mellow morning enchanted her, and the whistling birds raised her spirit and put her mind at ease.

She hugged herself in the purple fur coat she wore. Naked underneath, her black skin was starting to bear goose-bumps. She shivered. Hearing the crunch of forest leaves, she turned to look at the person who had intruded on her space. Viktor Maxckmillian, the Russian Junior Ambassador from the local embassy. She had known him for years before he received the post.

His approach was purposeful as he emerged from the canopy of trees. He wore slacks but no top, only an overcoat. He was both strong and tall, a well-chiseled male specimen. His jet-black hair was long and flowing, past his shoulders. The ends were tipped with grey, though he was barely over twenty. Audrianna bit her lower lip against the impassioned feeling inside her that his stare wrought.

"You didn't have to follow me," Audrianna yelled at him from a few feet away, scowling as he quirked a brow at her, never hesitating in his approach.

"I'm not going to disappear on you again." He stood inches from her now. "It wouldn't make any sense now that you know who I am and where I live."

He gazed at her, a lazy smile on his face. "I'm not taking any chances, especially where you're concerned."

Audrianna shrugged, nonchalant.

"Have you an answer for my proposal?"

She shrugged again.

Her eyes diverted sideways. She did not witness the twinge of sadness that flashed across Viktor's features. His expression soon gave way to one of pique, and then arrogant anger. He reached for her, gripping the fur on either side, and swung her so that she tilted backward, arching her body over the cliff.

Shocked, Audrianna clung onto him, her body exposed. She looked at him determinedly, meeting an equally determined expression.

"Viktor!"

"No!" He ground out. "Now, you listen to me. Everything I have worked for, everything that I have sacrificed, has been for this." He pushed her closer to the edge and she cried out. "You are in possession of me, woman, and I own you. Your hesitation impugns us both. There is no going back on this. I warned you before, if all that is left for us is the depths of hell, then we embrace hell- together."

"Alright, yes." Audrianna glanced down at the steep drop below. "Yes, I'll marry you. Just please calm down."

Viktor yanked her forward into his arms and hugged her tightly to him. "Dammit Audrey, you drive me to hysterics." Both their breaths were ragged.

Audrianna placed a hand on his pectoral, her naked body mashed against his. "I think you came to me partly insane."

Viktor smiled. "You're driving me over the edge."

"That is not funny." She listened to his erratic heartbeat, watching her hand rise up and down with each breath he took.

Viktor heard the smile in her voice and looked down at her, turning her face up to him with the crook of his finger. The top of her head barely met his chest.

"You're not going to apologize to me, are you?" Audrianna asked.

"Apologize? For what?"

Audrianna feigned exasperation. "For coercing me to accept your marriage proposal. You threatened to throw me off the side of a cliff."

"Sweetheart," Viktor was unapologetically emphatic. "I make most of my millions from men who feel their lives threatened unless they give in to my demands; I'm not going to stop at my v'wife."

She laughed at the way his accent sometimes affected his pronunciation whenever he became emotional.

Viktor twirled her round and lowered her to the ground. Audrianna screamed in delight. He straddled her, their pelvises aligned. He entwined her hand in his. "This is it Audrey, we did it, you and me."

The purple fur coat lay open on the ground. Viktor seemed mesmerized by the sight of their hands locked together. Their union felt irrevocably right. He had never been incredibly confident about any other triumph.

His eyes moved from their engaged hands to the play of light refracted by his studded ruby, emerald and sapphire ring, that danced on Audrianna's stomach.

"Are you listening to me?" Audrianna asked.

Viktor looked up into her eyes and Audrianna's voice caught, witnessing the passionate emotion she saw there.

"No," Viktor said right before he took her mouth in a breathless, passionate, all-consuming kiss that left no room for discourse.

Viktor's other hand cupped her breast, pinching her nipple until it grew hard. She whimpered. Audrianna slipped her hand over his firm chest. She caressed his shoulders, the back of his neck. Viktor moved his other hand down to the apex of her thighs and fingered her clit gently. She groaned. He pressed harder. She squeezed her thigh over his hand. He trailed a hot row of kisses from her lips, down the center of her chest. His tongue laved her other nipple, and she gasped.

His mouth trailed lower until it landed on her opening. He suckled between her parted legs until she was wet and ready for him. She writhed and arched up to meet him.

"Ohh, Viktor. Please hurry!" Audrianna begged.

With a hand on each side he pushed himself up to look down at her. "Say it, plead with me again." He unzipped his trousers and unleashed his cock.

Audrianna stared down at him; it was obvious he already wanted her so bad. She felt herself blush.

"Mmmm." Audrianna lifted both arms around his head, tangling her fingers in his hair, pulling him close. "Viktor, please," she whispered softly in his ear, her eyes closed. "Fuck me... hard." She felt so embarrassed by what she had said, defying her demure self, that she covered her face with both hands.