Chapter 2: Expect the Unexpected

Andrea POV

I arrived to the gym at 3:30pm and it's just amazing that no one was there except for Jess ,the receptionist, who was clearly busy typing on her laptop.

The whole gym and dancing room were empty.

One thing about me is that I hate crowds. The world feels too loud, and so many people make me feel tired. Tranquility is just awesome sometimes, just me myself and I :)

"Hey Jess." I said

"Hi Andrea" Jess replied then went back to work. She's a coach in a public school and she's feared by kids ,but in reality she's not as mean as she looks. She's really funny and friendly once you get to know her.

I entered the gym, put my headphones on, and went to warm up using the treadmill.
After 20 minutes of warm up, I don't know what I was thinking, but I entered the dancing room.
The room which happens to be facing the gym and gives the people a perfect view of anyone in it. One cool thing about it was the mirrors.

Normally I only dance in my room since I'm a bad dancer or maybe not even close to a dancer

Normally I only dance in my room since I'm a bad dancer or maybe not even close to a dancer. I scanned the room one more time and it's still empty. What would happen if I tried doing a dance or two since no one is here.

I put my headphones back on and turned on Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars.
The music started playing, and I let my body move freely. Then I started singing the lyrics and let me tell you I'm horrible at it . Just at this moment I couldn't care less.

Doh doh doh, doh doh doh

Doh doh

Doh doh doh, doh doh doh

Doh doh
Doh doh doh, doh doh doh
Doh doh
Doh doh doh (aaaaaow!)... This hit, that ice cold
Michelle Pfeiffer, that white gold
This one, for them hood girls
Them good girls, straight masterpieces
Stylin', wildin'
Livin' it up in the city
Got Chucks on with Saint Laurent
Gotta kiss myself, I'm so pretty... I'm too hot (hot damn)
Called a police and a fireman
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Make a dragon wanna retire, man
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Say my name, you know who I am
I'm too hot (hot damn)
Am I bad 'bout that money?
Break it down... Girls hit your hallelujah (wooh)
Girls hit your hallelujah (wooh)
Girls hit your hallelujah (wooh)... 'Cause Uptown Funk gon' give it to you (wooh)
'Cause Uptown Funk gon' give it to you
Saturday night, and we in the spot
Don't believe me, just watch, come on!... Don't believe me, just watch
Don't believe me, just watch... Hey, hey, hey, oh!
Stop
Wait a minute

Suddenly, I looked in the mirror and saw a guy who's not too fit but not overweight, definitely tall, gazing at my reflection in the mirror. It's at that moment that my voice died in my throat and my body froze. I looked at him and he was smiling ,and I guess my face reddened more due to embarrassment.

The music was still playing but I didn't care about it at this point. I passed by the guy, did some stretching, put my wraps and gloves on, and started punching the boxing bag. Started with a jab cross 10 times slowly and lightly.

Then I did the peek-a-boo done by Mike Tyson which was jab - cross - body uppercut - face hook.

"You can do it faster." said the mysterious guy at the gym.

I didn't reply but did the combination faster just so that guy would leave me alone.

"See that was good. Besides, your show wasn't that bad you looked like you were enjoying yourself singing, dancing, and smiling, not rethinking and reddening just like you're doing now".

"Would you just leave me alone already? What do you want from me? I embarrassed myself I get it... I'm a horrible singer and dancer I know that okay? Don't try to sugar coat stuff" I said punching a jab followed by a cross after each sentence.

"Want to play a fight?" asked annoying guy.

"If I play against you. Will you leave me in peace?" I asked emphasizing on the word leave.

"Sure thing." he replied with his small irritating smile.

I put my mouth guard and helmet then climbed into the ring so did guy having the annoying smile.

We bumped fists and the fight started. We started moving in a circle.
Then mysterious guy threw a jab - cross - hook - cross combination I defended all the punches then punched him a jab on the stomach did a step in followed by a hook on the face.
After a moment or two, he did a step in - Jab - cross - face Uppercut - hook very quickly that I lost balance.
We continued fighting sometimes missing other times hitting. By the time we were done my hands were tired and my heartbeat was so fast.
I walked a bit then sat down.

"That was one nice fight. Not bad Andrea and Clark." said coach Alex.

So good looking, annoying, guy's name is Clark.

"Great, now you can leave me in peace Clark." I said looking at him giving him a half mean smile.

"I don't know what's going on here, but I don't think you'll get rid of each other anytime soon. You see, I'm going to Dubai and Clark will be your coach for the next year".

I opened my mouth to protest then closed it just like a fish.
Why should Clark be my coach?!

I guess I'll have to expect the unexpected from now on.

That's going to be one interesting year...

Vote if you like dancing!

Hey there! How are you doing?
I'm writing this story even though I know only a couple of people are reading it. I'm just excited about it :)
Would like to read your thoughts about the plot so far!