Time's Ticking

Firstly, let me give you guys an explanation:

+++ = Time (later or another another things)

Chapter 1

The quiet was suffocating, yet calm all the same. Moonlight shone through a window, illuminating a bedroom in a soft hue of light. Within the room in question, sat a boy, quietly hugging his knees to his chest as tears slipped down his face slowly. Clothes thrown around the room messily, with the occasional paper making its appearance on the floor.

A soft sniffle broke the silence of the room, as Jake, the boy in question, sat within his room as his mind ran with thoughts. It wasn't until his door opened, light seeping in, that he finally picked his head up. The voice of his younger brother rang out, startling Jake into quickly wiping his eyes even if more proceeded to prick at his eyes.

"Jake?" Milo met his eyes, concern blatantly swirling in his eyes and lacing his tone. "I just wanted to let you know that we're having takeout tonight, since mom said she had a night shift." He watched as Milo's eyes briefly turned amused, before returning to the previous concern. "And you can't... exactly cook right now."

+++

A pang of guilt stung Jake's chest, but didn't let it become apparent in his expression. Rather, he smiled softly as he spoke, tears still lingering in his eyes. "Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with that. Thank you, Milo." He wiped his eyes once again, sighing softly, winding his arms back around his knees that were still hugged to his chest. "I'm sorry you have to deal with me like this. I'm supposed to be the one taking care of you. How the tables have turned.." He chuckled mirthlessly, as which quickly tapered off.

Milo only met that with a soft smile, no resentment in his eyes that Jake thought he might've seen. "Jake, that's fine. I'm your brother for a reason. You can also talk to me about anything, I'm here for you to listen!" The smile never left his younger brother's face, which Jake ended up mirroring. His lips tugged into a small, soft smile. "Thank you.. really."

Milo nodded, grabbing the door handle he'd previously dropped his hand from. "Of course. On that note, I'm gonna go wait by the door. I'll shout for you when the food is here!" He went to leave, but stopped as he looked back into the room. "Are you gonna join me for dinner?"

Jake smiled again, nodding. "Yeah, just shout for me like you said." He then watched as his brother nodded and left, the door closing behind him. His room once again was only bathed in the moonlight, as the smile slowly wiped off of his face. A small frown took its place, as he slowly pushed himself up from his seat.

He sat at his desk, leaning his arms on it and hunching his shoulders forwards, His left hand drifted over to the lamp sitting on the side, flicking it on as he stared down at the wood.

"I know I can talk to Milo, but I wouldn't want him to worry about me being bullied again." His thoughts drifted, before his eyes landed on a sort of beige colored notebook which wrote down what had happened to him the last 3 months. Insults from when it was stolen and used to humiliate him littered the pages, making his heart seize for a moment.

Yet despite the venom filled words written there affecting him, he skimmed through it anyways, letting his mind fill with the words that filled the pages. They were insults, quick written things so the people writing them hadn't gotten caught in the act. His stomach twisted, chest feeling tight as his mind seemed to only focus on the paper as he turned page after page. He sighed, closing it as a rage filled him that didn't last long.