Chapter 1

WARNING?!

I will only note this once here, from here on reading is at your own risk.

Blood/Violence/Death/Injuries/...

The first paragraph is written by Scarlett_Mischief because I had no idea for the beginning. <3

Devon stared into the camera and began to speak. "The virus...I guess that what I need to talk about...well it started and here we are still sitting in our bunker slowly fighting back, finding new ways to survive but how we got here isnt so pretty...I guess I should start from day one."

"We have to go, do you have everything?" asks Devon, looking impatiently at his girlfriend. "Don't rush me, I'm already ready," replies Astrid, running to Devon with her bag in her hand.

With quick steps they leave the flat behind and walk down the small hallway. "What about your parents? You should at least tell them we're going somewhere else." "So they can beg me to take them, even though they know they have the virus and won't survive it?"

Devon's voice sounds thoughtful, maybe he should go to his parents again. But it wouldn't make the situation any easier.

"No, we're going straight to the others, sunflower," he explains, taking his girlfriend's hand and pulling her with him. She grumbles a little, but follows him, because there's not much she can do about his opinion right now.

In the corridor, two women lie close together. Their bodies are shaking and they cough without pause as the youths try to find a way through the chaos. Objects belonging to the inhabitants of the house are lying around everywhere, as if this had saved them from the virus.

They leave the house and the bright light of the sun blinds them both. Quickly they close their eyes for a moment. "Ah, they must be helping us." an old man beside them gasps and starts coughing loudly.

"We're sorry, but we can't," Astrid replies, but already feels the man's hand on her arm. With a frantic movement she tries to free herself from his grip, but only when Devon pulls her aside does the man let go. If he hadn't, he would have fallen to the floor and hit his head on a metal bar.

"Couldn't even help an old man. These youths of today." he continues to complain, but still turns and disappears again behind another corner. Astrid and Devon walk on, but pay more attention to the people standing or lying in the alleys.

"This virus is spreading faster than water can flow," Astrid states, glancing at the people lying on the ground. Devon nods and quickly pulls her into another alley. Immediately he puts his hand over her mouth and presses himself against her against the wall.

On the street they were walking on until just now, a group of people are running after a little girl, their hands and clothes smeared with blood. "Wait here." says Devon, even though he knows his girlfriend will follow him no matter what he says.

He quickly runs after the group, pulling his knife from the pocket of his pants as he runs. "We should be more oranised about this, we need a plan!" exclaims Astrid, tying her hair into a braid and running after her friend a moment later.

Devon arrives at the group pushing a little girl, probably thirteen years old, into a corner. "Get out of here or I'll shoot!" she shouts, holding a water spray gun. The blond teenager takes his knife and stabs it into the back of one after another from behind.