Prologue

Perhaps today is the day I die. Perhaps it's tomorrow. Everyone has to die at some point, but for me it's a fate, destiny.

Maybe "dying" isn't a good way to name it. My destiny is to kill my family and "die" with them. I'm not an assassin or a killer just a simple citizen with some family prophecy. Ok, maybe I'm not THAT normal since I have some kind of magical powers - at least that's what my parents used to tell me, but since they never let me use it, I kinda doubt if it's true. The whole "prophecy" and "magic" thing.

Thinking about this only made my head hurt so I got up from my bed and started to get ready to work. I didn't like my job but the salary and duty made me sign up for it - Monster Hunting.

I may complain about my job but it's actually the best fit for me - I just love money, even if I'm not greedy, and... The prophecy thing. Since I'll have to kill someone in the future, killing those creatures makes me feel more prepared.

Also, DUTY.

Since we were the ones to create them - time monsters . My family did this.

ME.

Future me, it seems. Future me saved my ancestors. Yes, I'm aware it sounds fucking weird but it's true. It HAS to be. I was told this since I was 6, and that was 20 years ago. Yes you're right - 20 fucking years of this stupid bullshit.

Enough. I have to focus on work.
Headquarters of monster hunters were located in the city outskirts and I, like most hunters, was living in the centre, so I had to get up early. Thanks to generous salary most of my co-workers could afford a penthouse. Well, if the salary was lower, probably no one would work here.

Teaming up, equiping armor and weapons, heading up to work - classic working day. Until I saw a plane. But not a normal one. It was old - Boeing 737 - those were already replaced by the new versions. It was before I was even born, like...50 years ago. We, hunters, called it a sign.

Appearance of something that simply don't exist already, was a sign that the time monsters vere nearby.
It was a plane. But that would mean... that today is THE day. The day I should die - I knew it thanks to the prophecy. I froze.

The plane was definitely falling down too fast to call this a landing. They were going to crash. They were flying right onto us but no one moved, we were patiently waiting.

A minute passed.

Two minutes passed.

Three minutes passed.

Four minutes passed.

And finally. As expected they crashed not so far from us. However we were moving in tanks so it took us a while to get there. Fortunately they crashed in the forest instead of busy street. When we arrived the plane has already stopped burning. There were dead bodies everywhere but none of them were killed because of the crash but because they teleported to the future. Normal people wouldn't survive this 'cause of time rules.
But there were two "people" that were still breathing. And I knew them - Molly and Jake - my grand, grandparents. I had to make sure they will die. Because if i don't, the history will repeat itself - Molly and Jake were first time monsters who caused the human downfall.

If I'll kill them then then their kids will never be born. My family and I will not exist.
I stepped forward holding my weapon. I raised my hand and was ready to shoot but I stopped.

After all I loved them all

My siblings,

My parents.

So I decided that I will do it again. Save them and send them to past, their "present".

"We are in the future" I said.

"WHERE ARE WE?!" Molly shouted.

I couldn't blame her for being so surprised. Before the time monsters appeared time travels were something impossible and now the technology is close to use their power to change the past so all of this won't happen.

Even if I could end all this suffering I decided not to do it. If anyone saw that I saved them I would be doomed. I used the moment of surprise, turned back and shoot a few bullets to my co-workers.

"I'll help you" I shouted to my ancestors.

I had to send them back. In order to do this I had to use my power that I didn't even know if I had. I closed my eyes and tried to focus.

Nothing happened.

Prophecy wasn't right. I didn't have any magical powers, it was all a lie. I didn't know what should I do now, since their presence here was already messing up the timeline.

"Go with me."

I had to hide them somewhere.