Chapter One: The unexpected greeting

I know it's hard to take Jake but trust me it's for the best" said mum trying to say it in an encouraging tone, "it will all be normal soon I promise." Yeah sure" I muttered silently to myself "this is going to be great." As they arrived at their new apartment it was around 2am and they were both ready to collapse, but as they arrived at the front door something was wrong it was open. "Wait out here with the bags Jacob" she whispered firmly while creeping into the room, but I wasn't going to listen to her so I stormed right by her into the room. "See nothing" I told her getting impatient but as I said that out of the corner of my eye I saw the tip of a gun gleaming in the moonlight. I couldn't say anything I was too scared to speak, as I turned back to my mum there was a gun shot and the man in the shadows dropped to the ground. Before I could say anything another man stepped out of the shadows and began to talk, "why hello Jacob it's great to finally meet you" he said with a wicked grin. " Why don't you take a seat?" He offered "but be careful one mistake and a bullets in you and your mums head", "what do you want" I demanded oh you'll find out soon he said smoothly and then everything went black.