⊹ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 ⊹

·.★·.·'¯'·.·★ 🅲🅷🅸🅵🆄🆈🆄 ★·.·'¯'·.·★.·

Monday, last day of June 2008

Chifuyu found himself being rather disappointed that (Y/N) didn't reply to him. However, he was sure she wouldn't just ignore him and wanted to give her time. The boy was nervous what the girl's answer might be and hoped for her to say 'yes'.

✩˚₊‧。⋆✩⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆✩⋆。‧₊˚✩

Tuesday, 1st July 2008

Chifuyu went to the social study preparation room every break, however the girl never showed up. He asked himself what could have happened but didn't come to any conclusion.

The whole matter definitely had an impact on his mood and focus, yet he was happy to share some Peyoung Yakisoba with Baji at the landing of the stairs of their shared apartment complex that evening.

"Baji-san, how comes you know about the criminal activities near our school?", Chifuyu asked while stroking Peke J, who had his eyes closed and was purring comfortably in the boy's lap.

"Kazutora told me the other day. They've been annoying citizens and molesting girls since some time now. Kazutora fought some of them and told them to 'fuck off' but they always come back again like some annoying flies."

"I hate guys like them", Chifuyu's gaze turned serious. "Let's fight 'em and show who's in charge, Baji-san."

"Bet! Once we find out who it is", Baji cracked his knuckles as if he was preparing for a fight and grinned. Chifuyu mirrored the determined smile as Peke J sprawled in his lap.

"How is it going at the shop with Kazutora?"

"The pets are great, but Kazutora is a lazy worker. I'm glad I'm only his co-worker, not his boss. But still all the work is left for me sometimes", Chifuyu sulked, thinking about his side job.

Baji laughed. "He always has been slacking off, even in school. More focused on having a haircut that impressed the ladies although he ended up looking shitty and like a total coward. Even though he's such a handsome guy."

"Ahh...so he has no luck with the ladies as well?", Chifuyu sighed.

"What's this face about? No news from (Y/N) so far?"

"Nope. Takemitchy told me she wanted to think about it, however she didn't reply yet."

"Give her time, Chifuyu. She's not a girl to ignore people."

"Yeah she's very kind...", Chifuyu started gushing about the girl he desired to get to know better so much.

"You're all red", Baji commented with a teasing grin.

"I'm not", Chifuyu mumbled and averted his gaze for a second, feeling exposed. Only a moment later, he looked back at his friend though, a cheeky grin gracing his lips. "And you, Baji-san? Are your grades good enough yet for you to become a vet?"

"It's hard work, you moron. No one could achieve to have better grades that fast."

"You sure you even smart enough to become a vet, Baji-san?", Chifuyu dared to ask.

"I'll beat the shit outta you if you don't shut up!"

Chifuyu started laughing and eventually Baji did the same, both of them ending up waking Peke J who groggily left for a place a little farther away from both of them.

"See, now you scared him away with your dumb remarks."

"It wasn't me, Baji-san", Chifuyu still laughed.

"Whatever", the black-haired boy changed the topic, "you pay for the next Peyoung."

"Will do", Chifuyu agreed, as always happy about the good things that came with any situation. The request of Baji meant that his friend enjoyed their time together as well and wanted to make such memories again.

Eventually, the two talked until Wednesday morning and went to school together again. It was a hard task to make Baji attend school when he was tired, yet somehow Chifuyu managed to convince him with mentioning his friend's mother and teasing him about his grades once more.

✩˚₊‧。⋆✩⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆✩⋆。‧₊˚✩

Wednesday, 2nd July 2008

When Chifuyu entered the social study preparation room, he finally found a reply letter from (Y/N).

Dear Chifuyu-kun,

At first, thank you for your protectiveness, I really appreciate that. Let's beat such guys up together next time.

As he read this first paragraph, Chifuyu already felt in awe. He really found the girl very cool for being so tough. However, he quickly continued reading, excited for her final answer.

I have been thinking about your suggestion as well and I decided that I wanna agree to the bet. Let's fake-date for a month and if you achieve to convince me of the sincerity of your interest and effort, I will take you out on a real date. However, if you screw things up, you will never ask me out again.

There's just one condition I have:
We both don't put on an act for the other to like us. I want to get to know the real you, every side of you, with no embellishment.

If you agree to that, I'm looking forward to fake-date you from tomorrow on, former first division vice-captain of Toman. ;)

— (Y/N)

Chifuyu's emotions were in chaos. He felt euphoric by the fact that (Y/N) agreed to his bet, yet at the same time, he was amazed that she already seemed to know about his delinquent past and delighted that she dared to date him anyway.

He was more excited than worried as he immediately wrote his reply, having his pen and paper already prepared to ask her out on their first date.

✩˚₊‧。⋆✩⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆✩⋆。‧₊˚✩