Chapter 9

I wake up from my nap and again, he's staring at the ceiling.

"Did you fall asleep again?" He asked.

"Yes." I responded. "Was I out long?"

"No." He confirmed.

There was silence for a while. I felt like saying something but I didn't. I think he wanted to say something too. The next couple of weeks were the same as before. We didn't talk about the kiss or his offer to run away. I started thinking a lot about both of those things. If I ran away with him how would that work? What would happen with my aunt? Could I just lie?

Another random Tuesday where we skipped school. We were at our spot. Again I was drawing his camera but instead of stopping when I realized, I kept drawing. After a while I was almost done, he got up on the walk and sat in front of me.

"Can I show you something?" He asked.

"Yeah sure." I said with a smile.

"I'll show you one now but there's more." He explained.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

He turned the camera towards me and showed me the most beautiful picture I had ever seen of myself. I was looking away from the camera and my hair was flowing in the wind. I had my pencil in my hand with my sketchbook on my lap.

"That's the best picture anyone's ever taken of me." I giggled a bit. "It's really good, thank you." I said.

"That's how I see you all the time." He said and then paused for a bit. After a moment of silence he continued. "You're beautiful."

I looked at him almost in shock, I managed to mutter out a "Thank you, you too." He looked at me in confusion and then I gave him my sketchbook.

"You're letting me look through it?" He asked, still confused.

"Yeah." I responded and then my anxiety hit.

He started looking through it, not much out of the ordinary. Most of it was just scenery or objects I had around me at the time. Then he turned to the page where I started drawing his camera. Every page he turned the picture got bigger and bigger and then there he was.

"This is amazing you have a lot of skill, thank you Raine." He gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen.

When he said my name I got butterflies in my stomach. I knew what I felt now. I remember thinking about how much I just wished he would feel the same way. We had known each other for two months now. I never wanted to meet anyone else, he was the only person I wanted to have in my life. Driving home that day I thought about the picture. It was so good I wonder what he meant that he had more. We got home and went inside.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" He asked as we walked through the door.

"Yeah, my room?" I suggested.

"Okay, I'm going to take a shower first." He agreed.

"Me too."

We both went upstairs and into our rooms. I took a long shower, my mind still flooded with earlier events. I got out and got dressed. As I made my way over to to open the door for him to just come in whenever he wanted to I caught a glance of him with a towel wrapped around his hips from across the hall. He left the door slightly open, and after staring for a while I turned back and sat on the bed.

"Shit he's hot," I thought to myself.

I got on my phone for a while and texted my aunt. I told her that I would be going back to my mom's house for winter break, which would be coming up soon. Then I texted my mom and told her that I was going to visit my cousin down in Florida. That should buy me some time before they figure out where I actually am. If they're both not worried about me or where I am then everything will me ok. Wiggy came in and sat down next to me on the bed.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" He asked.

"We're you serious about running away?" I asked bringing up the conversation we had a couple of weeks ago.

"Yeah." He responded.

"I'm down." I said.

His face lit up a bit, "I'm glad you are."

"Me too." I said.

"Do you want to leave tomorrow?" He asked.

"Okay." I said.

We got cozy and started watching the movie. We finished it and started another one. As he held me in his arms, I fell asleep again.