Chaper III

(A/N) Hey broskis! Holy shit I'm never saying that again. Anyway, I'm SUPER sorry for not updating this (especially to you, Brookee!), and I'm going to update it! Right now! Enjoy!

Grr... third period. Yes, my friends were being weird but my burning hate for Journalism still lingered. I didn't have many friends in journalism except Hannah and Conlin, so I hoped they wouldn't be weird too...
I entered the room, sitting down in my assigned seat, hoping to God that there was a sub, I had had a bad enough day already, but what was I thinking? The old woman walked in, already yelling at a student. I sighed. I looked to my right, hoping to see a normal Conlin there, sitting and staring into nothing as usual, but to my surprise, his seat was empty, his beloved flute absent from it's spot as well. Huh. He was never absent. Damn you, Opposite Day. I looked behind me, searching for Hannah, and luckily, she was there, still in her favorite light blue fluffy jacket. I got up, class not really starting yet, and strolling over.
"Hey there, Kiku!" I called her Kiku because of a game me and my normal friends usually played. She looked up and smiled brightly, her voice louder than usual.
"Hey, Ivan!!" Yet again, the game. Jeez, she was almost as loud as normal Liam. I flinched at her sudden loudness. I found myself imagining her as a puppy as I gathered myself again, clearing my throat.
"Have you noticed anything strange about the group lately?" I asked cautiously. She cocked her head to the side.
"Whaddya mean?" I sighed.
"Nevermind, Hannah." I walked back to my seat, leaving her to whatever the hell she was thinking.
"Hello, class!" The teacher said in her annoyingly high pitched voice as I sat down.
"I have decided to give you free time today, since I fell asleep while I was working on the lesson for today last night." A wave of giggles and snickers over took the class shortly.
"Just go on the computer and play games." At least I wouldn't have to hear her talk too much today. I walked over to my seat in front of the computer, plopping down. I couldn't help but feel weird without Conlin in the seat next to me. I shrugged, logging on.

~later~

The fourth period bell rang after the pledge to the flag, leaving me to gather my stuff, dashing out of the room as quickly as possible. I arrived to the world cultures classroom, after walking up three flights of stairs, taking two steps at a time as I usually do. It was a fucking disaster. Pardon my French, but it deserves at least that filthy of a word. Other Zoe, my twin from a different dimension, was fangirling over One Direction next to Sianna. Ariel was occasionally throwing paper balls and planes at other student, laughing loudly when she hit an eye or mouth. Roan was extremely flamboyant, baring a pink tee and khaki shorts, and was that.... lip gloss? I was extremely confused, sitting next to Brooke and putting my bag down. Jackson was chattering loudly to Liam, the taller boy smiling widely (it was seriously creepy at this point), and listening.
"Sup, Brookee?" I halfway expected her to give me a blank look and point to the ceiling, like she usually does, but instead she smiled and said,
"Oh, nothing really! I was just talking to Ariel!"
"Bullshit!" I heard Ariel's voice, coming from the table next to us.
"You were lecturing my ass for throwing a wonderfully shot paper ball straight at your face! It was awesome, I don't get why you're angry." She crossed her arms and her face formed an unamused expression. Brooke just rolled her eyes and ignored her, focusing her attention to he work. I watched her, already finished
(*cough* mostly *cough*) with mine. Her handwriting was extremely neat, tiny hearts instead of dots on her I's. I made a slightly disgusted face, extremely confused, knowing for sure this wasn't a prank... God this was so weird, I thought. Crossing my arms, I relaxed in my seat, looking out the open window, staring at the skyline, thinking. What can I do to fix this? Is there something I did? An unnoticed lever in my room I flicked with my heel? Was this a cruel dream? I rolled up my sleeve and pinched my arm, then flinched. Nope, not a dream. I played with the loose threads on my jacket sleeve, thinking hard on what to do, then I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Zoe, follow me." I turned to see Jasper, a slightly worried look on his face. He was wearing a sweater and shorts, and he looked embarrassed to be in them.
"Jay? Why are you in here? You're not even in this cla-" I was cut off.
"Zoe, it's important." He had an uncharacteristically serious look on his face. I nodded, getting up and following the shorter boy to a hall way.
"So, what's up now?" I asked, confused on why he pulled me over here.
"I broke away from the Opposite Day effect." He said, rushing his words out. I blinked, my mouth open a bit.
"Really? How?!" I needed to get my friends back to normal! This was a strand of hope!
"I'm not really sure..." He looked up, trying to remember. "I just remember that I felt as if something was wrong suddenly, so I guess I returned to normal." The strand of hope broke.
"Oh, so it wasn't made by any reaction to anything?" He shook his head.
"I don't think so. I noticed all of your friends were acting weird after I snapped out of it so I said I needed to use the bathroom so I could come find you." He looked a bit out of it still, like he recently woke up. I nodded.
"Was there anything else, Jay?" I asked.
He paused a moment, then shook his head.
"I think that's it. Just avoid Nic and Aalanah. That's all I have for you, sorry." He shrugged. I sighed.
"Thanks for letting me know, Jasper. See you in seventh period, right?" I gave a light smile. He nodded.
"Yup!" That's when the bell rang though the halls, causing us both to jump, then dashing to our classes after a short goodbye.

(A/N) Okie Dokie, so I know that might have been a bit short, but I need to give my brain some time to think up the next chapter. See ya! Bye!