A Meeting and oppurtunity

You’d moved to Junkertown about 3 years ago. You were aware of how cruel the people and environment could be, but you really had nowhere else to go… Literally. Your dumbass was wanted in multiple countries for theft of illegal substances and experimentation. Junkertown and the wasteland were one of the few places EVERYONE was an outlaw, so no one was. But you didn’t steal for bad reasons, you took what you needed to make medicines. You didn’t have any official PHD in medical anything, but you did go to college for it for like 3 months before getting caught taking, again, illegal substances from the school. 

Junkertown was the perfect place for you. Everyone always getting into shootouts and getting sick. Stung and bit by whatever's in the wasteland. There was never a shortage of work for a make-shift doctor like yourself, and never a shortage of cash. In fact, you’re currently making a sale to a trio of Junkers. Two of them holding their pale and woozy friend who’d been stung by some kind of scorpion. 

“C’mon Please! I’ll give you 50, he needs the medicine!” The Junker haggled with you as his friend swayed in his arms. You look down at the sickly friend and up to the man. 

“70.”

“70!?” 

“70.” You raised a brow at the man, holding a vile and filling the syringe. You still cared about saving people, of course, but this town hardens you. If you helped everyone at their own prices you’d starve. Hell, you almost did when you first moved there. 

“FINE.” The man slammed down a sack of coins on your desk and you gestured for them to place his arm on the desk. You gave him a shot of your homemade contraption. He was still woozy, but the color had already returned to his face. You nodded for them to leave, but a piece of you still felt bad for the price… it was a lot for one shot. And you used to always complain about having to pay for health care in other countries, so you called out the men as they were wobbling away. 

“Hey!” The men turned back and threw them another small vile, this one made of metal. “The price wasn’t exactly fair, so there’s a little poison vile. It’s made from scorpion venom, like your friend theres earlier accident. Thanks for the business.” The men nodded to you as you quietly cursed at your kindness, putting the coins in your pocket.

You waited a little longer for business. It was a shockingly slow day for the wasteland. Around sunset you closed up to go outside the city to scavenge for ingredients. Where else did you think you got Scorpion Venom? You threw on a sand cloak and a pair of goggles to make it easier to stand all the sand. The large metal gates opened up and you sighed as you stared out into the desert. You stepped outside the walls with your motorcycle, the gate shutting behind you. You were about to ride when you heard a voice behind you.

   “(Y/N)?” A large man stood by the side of the gates, a smaller more scraggly one peeking over his shoulder with a blank expression. Roadhog and Junkrat. The two most hated men in Junkertown. You had a bad feeling, reaching into you pocket so hold onto your gun. You could flip the switch around so it’d have different effects on its target. Poison kills, Acid makes them hallucinate, and chloroform knocked them out. Your other hand pulled off your hood and goggles, looking up at the men with doe eyes. Roadhog turned his head to the side, and Junkrat eyed you curiously. 

“Yes?” You wanted to sound calmer, but your voice betrayed you, squeaking a bit. Roadhog reached his hand out to you handing you a small metal circle with an overwatch symbol on it, making you raise a brow at him as you took it. Junkrat leaped over tthe hog's shoulder getting alarmingly close as he circled around you, inspecting you.  

“We work with a group called Overwatch, and they asked us to deliver you an invi’ to work with ‘em.” He circled you on more time, snake-like as his face moving up close to yours, his gaze narrowed. “They heard o’ ya, Shiela, and they like wha’ they’re seein’.” 

You shied away from him, looking at the little symbol handed to you. You knew of overwatch and what they do, and knew that they had resources. Resources you wanted.  “When would I-”

“Tomorrah at noon. Me and Roadie will be waitin’ a’ the gates to take ya.” You looked between the two of them, Roadhog nodding to you with a small grunt. 

“I’ll be there.” You smiled at two, and they nodded walking off. You looked down at the symbol, placing it to your chest. This is the start of something good.

(starting short)