Azul was an observant person.

Even more so when it came to Jamil, his recent partner.

And there was something that piqued his curiosity, to say the least. No matter how intimate the moment was, his boyfriend always avoided one area in particular: his neck.

He thought about why. Asking him would be simple, but he preferred to inquire into the matter himself. The unknowns were appetizing to solve by oneself rather than using simpler ways.

Therefore, a plan was most appropriate.

Dating between couples was a common occurrence. Azul inquired about it and, evaluating his options, found his golden opportunity: Watching a movie together. They would be alone together in privacy, and most importantly, he had an excuse to be close to his target, his neck.

The light emanating from the screen provided the most visibility in those darkened moments. They were sitting on Azul's bed, settled on the white, gold-embroidered cushions laying on its headboard. On top of the sheets, on their legs, was a portable table. And on top of it all, the laptop on which a film was playing.

Although, paying attention to the movie was proving difficult for him. He had chosen one that suited his partner's tastes so that he would be attentive to it. He, for his part, liked Jamil far too much – enough to stare at him for as many hours as it took. Besides, he had seen it beforehand and memorised interesting facts about it so that they could chat about it later. So he could afford to admire his handsome face.

Azul lowered his gaze for a few moments. His fingers perfectly matched his. Those sharp, silver eyes, fixed on the screen, oh, and his pursed lips curving into a half-smile. He was mesmerised by his beauty. He welcomed the warmth inside him that accompanied it.

It was his right hand that took his, so his left arm was free for the second phase. He appeared as serene as possible as he stealthily moved it behind his shoulder, and as soon as his fingertips brushed his neck, Jamil gasped. Azul pretended not to notice and left his hand on his left shoulder. His silver eyes, however, were fixed on him.

"Azul... What are you up to?"

Azul smiled innocently, as if not a single scheming thought hovered in his head. The Scarabian boy's expression, however, was suspicious. He, too, was observant, so his affable grimaces were of no use to him. He was already beginning to doubt him. Should he refer to looking at him only once in a while?

"It's nothing, Jamil. I assure you, I am only distracted by your beauty."

Which was no lie. Jamil was the focus of his thoughts, after all. His smirk was wickedly accentuated by the triumphant flush on Jamil's cheeks, as far as he could see in the dim lighting. He had not asked that, but for placing a hand on his shoulder, brushing suspiciously against his neck.

Since it was Azul, he could not help but be alert. Especially being his boyfriend, he kept hatching his plans to tease him from time to time. Besides, if he looked at him too much, there was always something on his mind. It could merely be those words, but he had a feeling there was more to it.