Chapter 1

Simon walked into the nursery with Baz. Simon looked anywhere and everywhere for the white hare. Finally, after about a minute or so Baz looked up and said,"Simon look the hare."Simon noticed that Baz's voice was sorta different it had a slight hiss to it."what did the letter say about the hare did it say to try a spell on it at all?" He asked. "No it just said to find the hare thats all" Baz whipped out his wand and whispered a couple of words that Simon couldn't hear. The rabbit did nothing. Baz tried another spell, and the rabbit turned real. The hare turned its head and jumped off of the ceiling there was now a white spot of where the hare used to be. The rabbit jumped onto Baz and scratched him on his face. The rabbit bared his fangs and jumped by the fire. The rabbit caught on fire and put an extinguishing spell on the rabbit. Baz grabbed the rabbit and put it up to his mouth. Simon screamed at Baz to stop but nothing worked on Baz. Baz threw the rabbit on the floor and looked at Simon with a sort of hurt look in his eyes. Baz wiped his face with his sleeve which only smeared the blood on his face. Baz walked out of the nursery leaving the blood stains on the carpet. Simon followed Baz to the showers. Baz walked in to the shower at the end and Simon walked into the opposite shower. Simon finished before Baz. Simon stared at Baz's ankles and the pink water running down them. But he noticed something odd, his skin was a pale white. Simon walked back into the nursery after getting dressed. Simon tried to clean the blood but it didn't work. Baz then walked in and cleaned up the nursery for simon. Baz leaned against the white crib.
Baz stopped talking and was quiet forabout 10 minutes. Simon thought that it was strange that Baz wasn't talking so he looked over at Baz only to find him sleeping. So Simon forgetting that Baz was asleep grabbed Baz's hand expecting him to jerk his hand away. But, to Simon's surprise his hand was cold and limp and he did not jerk his hand away. Simon started to feel a bit tired he then wondered if there was a sleeping spell cast on the nursery.While, Simon was in the midst of wondering he hadn't realized that his eyes were getting heavier and heavier by the minute. He soon fell asleep with his head resting on Baz's shoulder. Baz's head was leaning against the nursery crib it was hard and rough. Baz didn't seem to mind the roughness of it. All of a sudden, Baz felt something on his shoulder and a hand in his hand. Baz slowly opened his eyes and looked down only to find Simon who was still fast asleep on his shoulder. Baz decided to let Simon sleep so Baz just rested his head against Simon's head and held Simon's warm hand tighter. Baz could slowly feel his own cold hand slowly turning warm and tense. Baz could sense that Simon would wake up in about a minute so he decided to let go of Simon's hand. Baz stood up,stretched and walked over to the fireplace where he grabbed his wand out of his pocket and put a fire spell on the fireplace to make it burn. Baz waited till Simon woke up , when Simon finally woke up Baz stopped looking at him and was staring into the fire. Simon looked up at Baz who then said to Simon,"Merry Christmas your lucky I didn't kill you in your sleep." The word kill lingered inside of Simon's head. It was the only thing he thought of besides the fifth hare and of course Baz. Simon could feel the adrenaline rushing through his body with now sudden racing thoughts of Baz's hand turning warm and his head resting on Simon's head. He wondered if it was actually real or if it was just a dream. Simon really wanted it to be real, Simon had always fantasized about holding Baz's hand. Simon was in helplessly in love with Baz. Whenever Baz walked past him or talked to him or did anything with him it gave him butterflies in his stomach. Simon wished that Baz knew how much he loved him and wanted him. Baz wanted Simon to know how much he loved him and wanted him. Baz considered himself lucky that he shared a room with Simon and that they have every class together. Baz was helplessly in love with simon. Baz was still staring at the fire, when Simon decided to ask him about when he held Baz's hand and Baz's head resting on his own head. Baz decided to deny all of it but he did admit that he did feel Simon's hand in his. Simon blushed and looked away from Baz. Baz told Simon to get up, Simon stood up and they both started walking out if the nursery. Baz stopped and cast a spell to put the fire out in the fireplace. Simon stared at Baz who was still putting the fire out. Baz turned around to put his wand away and locked his eyes on Simon's eyes. Simon looked away and kept walking on towards the dorm. Simon knew that it wouldn't be safe to tell Baz here. Simon waited till baz was in the dorm to tell Baz how he really felt about him. He really liked him a lot.