One Shot (Natsu/Lucy)

It was a hot sunny day in Fiore and everyone in Fairy Tail was outside in the pool.  

Juvia was swimming to her hearts content, desperate to get " Gray-sama's" attention, Cana was downing the pink fruity cocktails at the bar, complaining they didn't have enough alcohol in them. Mira-Jane and Lisanna were splashing around in the water with Elfman and Jellal and Erza were by themselves in the corner of the pool. Lucy giggled and felt completely relaxed and happy to see everyone in the guild enjoying themselves. She closed her eyes and leaned back on the lounger and let the sun warm her skin. A few minutes later, or so it seemed, she felt a gentle prod in her right arm but she just grumbled sleepily. "Luce?" The voice said softly. Two hands started tickling her waist, arms, legs and neck which made her laugh and scream uncontrollably. Who else could it have been but Natsu. She looked up at him. His onyx eyes were wild and his white muffler was tied around his pink hair in a messy but cute fashion. She began to look down at Natsu's gorgeous, toned body which made her heart jump a little, but quickly tore her gaze away and looked at the ground. "Come on sleepy head! Everyone's gone back to the beach huts!" He took hold of her arm and brought him to his side. "Luccccccyyyyy!" A flying blue cat exclaimed "you look funny when you sleep."  

"Thanks happy" she said sternly. Natsu smiled at her and they carried on walking to one of the huts. " thanks for waiting behind for me guys, you didn't have to" Lucy said shyly.  

" course we did Luce! We're not just going to leave you behind when there are all the dangerous men around." natsu said seriously. 

"Dangerous men?" Lucy questioned.  

" yeh apparently there have been a few girls that have gone missing around here from a group of men that the magic council are searching for, I have to protect you Lucy." He looked at Lucy but quickly turned away and started talking to Happy about something. Lucy couldn't help blushing at him being so protective over her.  

The sun was low in the pink and orange sky and the temperature was warm but pleasant.  

" Hey Luce" Natsu unwrapped his muffler from his head and wrapped it around Lucy's shoulders. It was warm and had Natsu's scent overpowered the material. It was a sweet scent, it smelled like a burning fire while minty and fresh at the same time. The scent created a cocktail of sweetness in Lucy's nose. " thanks Natsu" she smiled.  

" it's ok, you must be freezing in that swimsuit" He looked at her goosebumps rising on her arms. 

" yeh aha, thanks Natsu"  

They were almost at Lucy's hut when they noticed a huge sign which said 'Do Not Cross Beyond This Point." Natsu looked at the sign for a moment before saying "why can't we pass, this is stupid, what idiots" he walked up to one if the men by the sign at a furious pace. " why can't we get pass? What's going on?"  

" I'm afraid there has been another kidnapping right outside this area, anyone to go beyond this point will be unsafe."  

" But Lucy's house Is just there?" 

" I'm sorry sir but rules are rules." Lucy saw Natsu clench his fists so she placed a cool hand on his burning sholder to soothe him. 

" it's no problem,I'm sorry we bothered you." Lucy turned Natsu around with all her strength and they began waking back to the other beach huts.  

" Lucy where are you going?" He grabbed her arm firmly.  

" I'll go and stay with Levy or Lisanna, it's fine" she smiled and gently prised hm away his grasp.  

" Lucy, Why don't you stay with me and Happy? Well protect you from the gang!" 

" seriously? I'm fine by myself"