Chapter 1 Initiation of Fire

Talking: "Hello."
Thoughts: "Hello"
Yelling: "HELLO."

Third person POV

A small child looks around him the stadium being used as a refuge center was burning around him a Metrix Solder class was tearing through the walls of shacks killing anyone inside. It lifted an adult and consumed him it's color changed from yellow to a blood red it roared and turned to the child. It began to lift it's claw up but a cruise missile impacted it before it could strike a solder grabbed the child and ran away with him as hover tanks engaged the alien. That was in 2045 six years later at the American Battle Academia a new class of Armorers were suiting up for their tests. They were putting on standard battle suits which consisted of a skin tight suit with body armor placed over it Chrome plates were placed on the chest and back with knee pads and shoulder pads of the same material. Some decided to wear a helmet while others went with out it they started their first test Core Aptitude. The female test proctor has purple hair and wore a business suit with a tight skirt and she wore glasses.

They went one by one to the academia's three testing cores one of each color of what the aliens came down as green, yellow, and blood red. Each student was to start with the green then move on until they couldn't control the energy from the core and had to drop it. When a core was dropped the test proctor used a pair of metal tongs to pick up the core and place it back on the table. The first Prospect was unable to even use the green core and was dropped from the academia as an Armorer. 

After a number of Prospects that could use the green and yellow cores were sent to the next classroom to wait for further orders another Prospect stepped up. He has silver hair and pale white eyes he held the cores in the order as they were arranged then went for the red one. He was consumed for a moment by the rush of energy he almost fell to his knee but he refused to do so and stood back up. He controlled the power of the core and held it normally the proctor nodded and he set the core back down.

Proctor: "Prospect Ezekiel right?"
Ezekiel: "Yes ma'am."
Proctor: "A blood red core user huh? You see the door next to the one the other passed Prospects were using right use that door. Just to make sure it's the door with the red frame."
Ezekiel: "Alright."

Ezekiel as told went to the door with the red frame the other door had a half green half yellow frame the next Prospect is another male with ginger hair and amber eyes. He stepped forward and commenced his test when he held the blood red core the energy flowed into him he closed his eyes and exhaled his arm shook from the core but he controlled it and set it back down. He started to follow after Ezekiel when the proctor stopped him.

Proctor: "Prospect Leo Akabane right?"
Leo: "Yes?"
Proctor: "Sorry part of the protocol I have to set aside the names of those who used a blood red core carry on."
Leo: "Alright."

He went to the door himself and went through the proctor looked at his tablet and shook his head another few Prospects went through the test another few failed and went through another door. Those Prospects would be given other options for what they want to do now one of said options would be to become a Overseer a person who helps guide and command Armorer's in the field.  Their was another two Prospects the could control the red core both female who went through the red framed door. However the next Prospect stepped up to the test he was the last one and it has been several hours since the start of the test. This light brown haired male with brown eyes looked at the cores and decided to get this over with.

Before the proctor could stop him he went right for the blood red core the energy from the core enveloped him completely the proctor pressed a button on his tablet. A few garage like doors rose up and a couple of Armorers walked out their weapons ready. With the Prospect though he was feeling the bloodlust in the core and the death within it these core and in respect to the Metrix aliens the red cores only formed after a yellow core killed enough people. They become enraged and far stronger then before without bracing himself with the other cores he wasn't ready for the full force. However the Prospect that should have been consumed by the core controlled it and lowered the energy it produced until the red glow that surrounded him vanished.