𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚢, 𝙳𝚘 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙷𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝙵𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚢?

You kissed Lucy?"

"NO. Dim kissed Juicy. Or Jake kissed Sava. Whatever. We
had to practice being a couple"

"How much did you practice?"

"It was just a kiss. Not that big of a deal"

"Then, why are we talking about it?"

"Because, what if meant more to her?"

"You think Lucy has feelings for you?"

"No"

"Then she probably sees it like you do, just a weird thing
you had to do for work"

"Right"

"Timothy, Do you have feelings for Lucy?"

"NO. I'm with Ashley, she's with Chris. I'm her superior
officer...SO"

"All true. Not what I asked"

As Tim was contemplating his response the two best friends were interrupted. Angela didn't believe what Tim was selling for a second. She could sense he was uncomfortable talking about "the kiss". Not uncomfortable in a bad way but in a way that was plaguing him. Angela has sensed something for months now. Between interactions they have had. Angela was bound and determined to get him to spill. She would be talking to him when she could get him alone. They were going undercover very soon. Moments later, she texted him to meet her in the break room.

"Lopez. What this ominous text all about?"

"Oh I think you know"

"I really don't"

"Tim, what the hell is going on? And remember I'm not only your best friend but a damn good detective. I have seen something developing with you and Chen for a while now. I know about all the roadblocks. But that doesn't mean you aren't entitled to have feelings and I think you do. I know your with Ashley and I don't get it. I mean she's tall and blond. So I see the attraction, but is she gonna make you truly happy? Be honest, did this kiss mean more than just a undercover case?"

"Ummm. Maybe. Ang, I can't have these feelings. I have a girlfriend, Lucy has a boyfriend. I'm her superior, in her chain of command"

"TIM. STOP. For the love of god, just be honest. All that stuff is true. For now, just admit how your feeling"

"I. I. I think I Love her. I feel bad. Ashley is a great woman. But she's not Lucy. But again, I can never act on these feelings"

"OK. Let me ask you this. Do you think, these feelings will just disappear in time? Tim, you are going undercover as a couple. There is going to be intimate moments"

"Ang. I'm going to be professional during this op. Yes, we are going to have to come off as intimate. I don't know what's going to happen after. All I know is my head is spinning. This hit me like a shockwave. It really started after Jackson died. Im sorry Ang. I know how much he meant to you, too. Just seeing Lucy so broken hearted. All I wanted to do was hold her and make it all better for her. I initially thought. She's my boot. My friend. I care about her platonically. But when she asked for a hug while she stayed at my place. As I held her, it felt like so much more"

"Tim. I think it happened before that. I saw you when you pulled her out of that barrel. I am convinced, that's where it really started. Breathing life back into her, literally. That is when your life was changed. Look, Ashley is a good woman. If I'm being honest with you, she is a good distraction from what you really long for"

"I will admit that was a defining moment for us. I really don't have a answer for when I started having these feelings for her"

"Let me ask you this. If there was ever a way you could be with Lucy. Hypothetically. How would that change things?"

"There would definitely be NO Ashley"

"Well Tim. I think you have your answer. Your not with the right person and you know it. Regardless of the professional consequences, you can't deny how you feel and who you love. One more thing. Lucy is perfect for you. She challenges you. Puts up with your crap and takes it like a champ. She also has a absolute heart of gold, who feels with her whole heart. You and her could have such a magical life together. Just saying. Think about it. There is always a way. It may not be easy. But there is always a work around"

"You think?"

"Yes. 100%"

"She has Chris. She probably doesn't share these feelings"

"Tim. Are you for real right now? Have you not seen the way that girl looks at you? Or how she lights up when your in the room. I promise you, there is not doubt how she feels. Chris is your Ashley. Just someone to fill the void"

As officers entered the break room. Their conversation was halted.

"Timothy. Just think about it"

"I will. I promise. Let's go bring these guys down"

Angela was hopeful, there would be a day where her best friend would be truly happy. Finding a way to be with the one he loves. She had faith that he would fight for Lucy. Knowing, the feelings he had would never go away. Tim had been her best friend for years. Seeing him married to Isobel. Never seeing Tim look at Isobel, the way he looks at Lucy. His boot had forever changed him. Smiling as he walked away.