σηє

[A/N: Nephele is the Greek God of the clouds]

~~~

Clouds make pictures sometimes, did you know that ? Okay well, not on their own. They only formed pictures when Nephele felt like being playful whilst tending to his duties.

Well, he was being extra playful this afternoon. Maybe it was because the sky was so clear, and he felt it was the perfect weather to play a little fun game of picturnary.

I hummed as I gazed up. "What the fuck is that supposed to be ?" From my spot in the tree, my one leg propped up and the other swaying beside the thick branch I was sitting on, I tried to decipher what the cloud was forming.

It was definitely an animal of some sorts, but why couldn't I figure it out ? I mean, if anyone knows animals it's me. I've seen the very first animal to sprout on planet Earth, and I've witnessed every other one after that.

"Okay so it has horns... no wait antlers," I tilted my head, retrieving an arrow from my thigh strap to try and outline the shape. "Or wait...are those the teeth ?"

Oh to hell with this one. Nephele was just being difficult now. Whenever I encountered an image I couldn't decipher, I simply take my frustrations out by aiming and launching an arrow right through the damned cloud.

Deciding to do just that, I pick my bow up that rested on a nearby branch, and slide the arrow along it until it was drawn back fully, the fletching brushing my cheek. Preparing to release on exhale, my plan is suddenly interrupted by a crashing helicopter, plummeting right through the cloud, and it's not long until a loud thud was heard.

I wasn't worried at first, just curious as these woods were pretty deserted of civilization, apart from Melina and I.

That's when I started to worry. I get to my feet hastily, throwing my bow over my shoulders for it to rest on my back, and I swiftly jump down. Landing lightly on my feet, I take off into a sprint back towards the house.

That helicopter landed in the direction of the house, and I had to make sure there weren't any unwanted visitors jumping off it.