𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓. 𝟏

It was a fine evening tonight

The temperature was perfect. Not too cold, yet not too hot either. Perfect for late night strolls or outings. Many seemed to collectively agree if most people went out instead of staying home.

The Royal Hotel, however, seemed to be hosting a party. The floor was reserved for just them for a few days and many were invited by the host. However, it seemed one person who never received an invitation seems to head towards the festive event.

The elevator pinged through all the levels, before setting onto the designated floor. The metallic doors opened, a man stepping out in the process. The men guarding the floor turned towards the mechanical doors, curious eyes watching every move of the mysterious man.

"Apologies, sir. This whole floor has been reserved." One of the men spoke up towards the boy, giving his statement to him. However, the male stayed silent as he stepped out of the elevator.

Another guard looked around, trying to look for an answer. "Did anyone call for this dude?" He asked, which only got a shrug from someone else. After what seemed like an eternity, the male finally opened his mouth and spoke.

"But I've heard..." He paused for a moment, lifting up his arm to reach for something under his suit. One man gasped under his breath as the other reared his head with widened eyes. "...that a traitorous scumbag is staying here."

He finished. The men's blood ran cold, freezing out of fear after noticing the mysterious male pulled out a sharp weapon. Before they could say anything, they were suddenly thrown across the room and crashed onto the large doors, breaking the hinges off completely.

The room full of men gasped, turning around to notice the two guards lying unconscious with debris under their bodies. "Wh-What in the world?!" One sputtered out, looking completely shocked at the sudden crash.

One of the guards ran toward the room, trying to warn them. "It's an ambush! A lone man–" Before he could muster another word, he was stopped. The men flinched as he gurgled, before toppling over and fell to the ground.

They gasped and shook with fear, noticing a golden blade impaled in the man's back. They slowly looked up, noticing the man that they were warned about stepping in the room. "Um... Excuse me. Vice Minister Brennan from the auditing department, I presume? I am terribly sorry if I interrupted anything..."