Beginning of the End

It was well into the night for the Metkayina village. 

However, none of the Sully family was resting.

They all played the part, laying down, closing their eyes. But none of them could sleep.

All of them, silently waiting for Näkaynì to wake up.

Suddenly, Näkaynì started to stir, her father immediately looking over towards her, going right by her side. 

The rest of the Sully family got up as well, giving Näkaynì space, per their fathers instructions.

Näkaynì began to take deep breaths, trying to come to from being under the anesthesia.

Jake gently grabbed her face as Neytiri was right by his side, closely watching their oldest daughter. 

And then her eyes opened.

She blinked multiple times, trying to get a sense of what was happening. 

"Näkaynì, hey Näi, your home." Her father said, remembering Norm's instructions. 

She continued to blink, still stuck in a haze. 

And then the coughing began, Näkaynì's throat was bone dry, a side-effect of the anesthetic. 

"Woah, hey your okay Näi." Her father continued to console the girl, still noticing that she hadn't fully come to. 

But Näkaynì couldn't shake this layer of fuzz that seemed to surround her senses, her vision still cloudy, and her ears still ringing, making everything else sound incredibly muddled.

All she could make out was a blue figure above her, their hands on her face. 

Suddenly, an image of Quaritch holding her down, putting his knife against her face, danced across her vision, and she immediately began to panic. 

Through a hazy mumble, Näkaynì began, "Get off of me. Get away from me." She spoke, her breathing patterns becoming eratic. 

With that Jake took his hands off of her face, knowing that she was beginning to freak out and not wanting to upset her further. 

"Näi, it is just me, its Dad, okay, you are okay, you're safe." He continued to say, still seeing Näkaynì freak out. 

Näkaynì couldn't do it, she couldn't still be with Quaritch, she could feel the pain in her side, head, face, and stomach and it all became too much.

She had to get out. 

She quickly stood up, earning protests from all of her family as Jake tried to grab her to steady her, but she flinched away from his touch. 

She then tried to take a step to run out of the Marui, but as she put pressure on her right ankle, the tender, pulsating pain spread up the entirety of her leg as she fell to the floor. 

"Näkaynì you need to calm down, it is just your family. You are okay. It is just us here." Jake continued to say, noticing that Näkaynì hadn't recognized them in her haze. 

However his reassurances didn't do much as the girl backed up further away from him, all of a sudden grabbing Neteyam's knife that he had kept in that corner of the Marui. 

She turned suddenly, threateningly pointing it at her family. 

"Stay back." She hissed, so painfully out of sorts. 

At that, Jake stopped approaching his daughter, knowing that she was in a very fragile state right now. 

Näkaynì clutched at her stomach as the sudden movement had made her injury hurt more.