Everything happened so fast

*TIME SKIP*

*WEDDING DAY*

Midila Pov:

I can't believe I am getting married to my best friend's family after her death. I wish she could be her, uh-no if she was alive it won't be happening. I was covering all these things while I was in my green room and my hairdresser doing my hair perfectly. I saw Akash coming in with his phone recording video."Hello everyone, look who's here THE BRIDEEEE!!", he shouted."Hey stop shouting", I slapped his back." Ouch Bhabhi", he said while looking at me." See she has started to act like Babhi before tieing the knot.", he said while looking into his phone."Hey Get out ", Chhotima came in."Ok Mrs Mehra as you wish", he bowed in a royal style and went outside."Don't catch any eyes my beautiful girl", choti ma rubbed the back of ears with kajal          (unwanted Indian culture)."It's time", Dadi said. I managed to stand up due to my heavy baby blue lehenga.

Arnav Pov:

I saw her coming and sat next to me. My heart was beating faster than usual. Am I developing feelings for her? Even if I am I won't regret it because as Shagun says she is PERFECT. Chhotima tied the knot. I place the sindoor on her head. I looked deep into her eyes, she was not ready I know. I promise you Midila, you will be happier than ever. We both stood up. Took the 7 rounds.

*TIME SKIP*

*NIGHT*

"Baiya...",Akash called me.I was in the room where Shagun's and ma's frame is kept."Babhi went to your room", he said. I nodded."Let me ask you, Baiya, Do you have feelings for her, now?", He asked. I turned around and kept my right hand on his right shoulder, "YES, I LOVE HER", I said. Akash widened his mouth with a happy gesture."How did that happen so fast?", he asked."She is the girl who left her home not for me, for our full family. I admired her and now admiration changed into love", I said."But Babhi needs time", I nodded."I know lemme go", "Ha baiya".

*ARNAV'S ROOM*

I opened the door and saw her checking out my room."Hey", I said while closing the door."Hi", she replied nervously."Don't be nervous, we can be friends right?", I asked, and she hummed. I took a pillow from the bed and a new quilt from the cupboard."Where are you going Ji?", she asked. She never called my name alone, this Ji with respect. Why god me?."To sleep on the couch, you can sleep on the bed comfortably. I know Miidla you are not mentally prepared. I won't force you. Like I said before Let's be friends", I said and lie down on the couch.

*MORNING*

Midila Pov:

I woke and saw Arnav Ji sleeping on the couch. I went to the bathroom. Washed me. I came out and saw him sleeping. I took an embroidered red kurta full-sleeved paired with black pants. I knocked on him, and he opened, "Good morning Arnav Ji", I said. He smiled, "Good morning "....he replied, "where are you going?'."Office, I have office today"."Oh ok ok, I will drop you", he said after getting up."No I will call an uber", I said."Give me the uber cash", he smiled. He took the car keys from the wall and started walking, I followed him.

"Come have breakfast", Chhotima said."Ha no time. She is getting late. I will have it after I come", Aranv Ji said."Where are you going?", Dadi asked."To drop her", Arnav Ji said. Dadi and Chhotima looked at each other and smiled. I got into his car."If you want anything let me know", he said while he was driving. I nodded. The car drive was filled with silence. He stopped in front of my office building. I got out of the car and started walking, Suddenly I heard"Midila", he called. I turned around and he came towards me."Call me when your duty is over", he smiled and turned. we both met with Mr Mathur."Oh when you told me that you are her fiance I didn't believe but now you are married. Congrats", He said. I smiled. I saw Arnav Ji walking towards him."Don't ever try to hit on my WIFE", he said. Mr Mathur's face has been frowned upon. My heart beat faster. I felt butterflies in my stomach. To be honest I was flattered. He turned towards me and waved. I smiled and started walking inside.

Arnav Pov:

I reached home. I parked the car. I don't know I feel happy when I said those words to her senior manager. I walked inside our sitting room ." Oyi Baiya, What happened? Looking so happy?", Suddenly I recognized I was smiling. I stopped smiling."Oyi who smiled?", I pulled his collar."Leave him, Arnav. We all saw", Chhotima started laughing. "What happened during the car drive?", He was teasing me."Oyi shut up, kiddo", I left his collar and started walking fast towards my room smiling like an idiot. I was sleeping on the bed, To be honest, the couch is so hard to sleep on. I heard my phone ringing but I couldn't take it that much I was sleepy.

*TIME SKIP 1 HOUR*

After a good sleep, I came down and saw Midila sitting and drinking chai."What a husband you are?", Akash yelled, "you are the one who dropped her and your so irresponsible Mr Mehra?"."Wait, I asked her to call me after her work. Why you didn't call me?", I asked turning towards Midila. Midila was looking at me while She was sipping the chai."Oyi, Baiya. Where's your damn phone?", Akash shouted. I took the phone and saw 7 missed calls. Oh shit. It was her who was calling me."Oh god, I am so sorry Midila", I said before I sat next to her. She got up after I sat next to her and went to the kitchen. I was sitting there on the sofa. I know I should have been responsible. I saw her coming out of the kitchen."Midila......", I called. She didn't turn back."No sorry is accepted Mr Mehra", Akash said while I ran towards her.

I saw her entering our room. I rushed in and saw her opening the cupboard. I panted, "Midila...I am so sorry", She closed the door, turned towards me, and smiled."Arnav Ji, when you didn't attend my call, I video-called Akash to see what you are doing. He showed that you were sleeping. I know that sleeping on that couch is too uncomfortable. That's why I asked Akash to come and pick me", she smiled and was walking towards the bathroom."So you are not mad at me?", I asked."No Ji, why would I be mad at you", She smiled and closed the door. I was smiling in relief, "No Ji, why would I be mad at you", I repeated her words.