CHAPTER THREE

VELARIS

If anyone had asked the High Lord of the Night Court if his mate's pregnancy had changed him in any way, shape or form, he'd say no.

Kore knew the truth however; the pregnancy had driven Aidoneus mad with overprotectiveness. And while Kore teased her mate for his change in behavior, there would be no denying her own sudden rotating moods. Kore had never been so crossed in her entire - although short by Fae standards - life.

Just now, she'd thrown her shoe at her mate, the vicious High Lord of the Night Court. Aidoneus misted the shoe shortly after she'd hurtled it towards him. Kore refused to admit defeat so easily.

The second shoe hit him on the back of his head.

"Kore!" He growled in warning.

Kore lifted her chin in defiance, and she watched as his violet eyes darkened, his brows furrowing, She had him right where she wanted him. Aidoneus did not bother to walk over to where Kore stood by the vanity. He winnowed to her.

He'd lifted Kore onto the vanity table, her skirts bellowed around her thighs as he made quick work of his pants. Aidoneus entered her with haste, and continued to fuck her onto the vanity until bottles littered the floor around them.

Kore panted as she leaned forward to watch him enter her. His cock gleamed with her desire. She threw her head back and groaned. Aidoneus had been a beast at the beginning of her pregnancy, her bump was still small, barely noticeable but her breasts had started to swell, and now his eyes hungered at the sight they made before him.

Kore came twice, before he relented and finished quickly inside of her.

Aidoneus was blinking rapidly as they righted themselves. Kore straightened her skirts, stealing glances at her mate. How was it possible to want him again, so soon?

"We broke the vanity." Aidoneus said.

Kore smirked in answer.

#

A few months later Kore was admiring the recently redecorated nursery. It had been Aidoneus when he'd been a child, but now they'd fill it with their own children. She placed one hand on the crib in the middle of the room, and the other on her swollen belly.

When Aidoneus entered the nursery, he found his mate staring off into the distant mountains. Her wings tucked in tight against the sensitive breeze, and her delicate hand caressing her bump.

He'd wished he could stare at her forever, he'd never grow bored of the vivid emotions that shone on her face. But then her brows twisted, and he rushed to her, his old heart beating in a panic.

"Kore?" He said, frantic at the tears that swelled in her eyes. She would not go into labor now, would she? The babe would arrive way too soon.

Kore looked up at him, as she grabbed onto his hand. She placed it gently on her bump. Truthfully he hadn't touched her there at all, he did not really know what to make out of all the barreling emotions swirling around in his heart. The question that kept him up at night; Would they be alright? Would they be safe? Would they love him?

The only lesson that he'd learned from his own father was to not make a sound during the election of his punishments, and perhaps the silence had carried over into other aspects of his life. And that had been fine. Until the mating bond snapped into place, until Kore.

A flutter passed beneath his palm. Aidoneus looked at Kore.

"Do you feel that?" She whispered in wonder. "Can you feel our son?"

"Son?" He only thought to say, still marvelously distracted by the sweet fluttering of the babe.

Kore shrugged playfully, as she leaned her head against his shoulder. Their hands roamed over her swollen belly, seeking the movement of their child.