Chapter XVII: How Long Until We're At Sorgan?

Warning: Mentions of PTSD, descriptions of anxiety attacks and nightmares. Jokes and themes of sexualization, mostly of a woman.

Author's Note:

Yay! A relatively happy chapter! Happy happy before we get to the heavy stuff! I'm so excited for season three to premiere on March 1st! And I'm so glad we're back on Sorgan, even for a short amount of time! Let me know what you think of the chapter! Thank you so much for reading!

-----------------------------------------------

It was early into the Mandalorian's turn to drive when they received the transmission. They head refueled approximately 12 hours ago and since then Nylah had been at the helm. Neither one of them had expected it. They were nowhere near Nevarro.

Nylah leaned against the door frame of the cockpit and listened as Karga tried to persuade them.

"My friend, if you are receiving this transmission that means you are alive. You might be surprised to hear these but I am alive too. I guess we could call it even. A lot has happened since we last saw each other.The man who hired you is still here, and his ranks of ex-Imperial guards have grown. They have imposed despotic rule over my city which has impeded the livelihood of the Guild. We consider him an enemy, but we cannot get close enough to take him out. If you would consider one last commission, I will very much make it worth your while. You have been successful so far in staving off their hunters but they will not stop until they have their prize. So, here is my proposition. Return to Nevarro. Bring the child as bait. I will arrange an exchange, and provide loyal Guild members as protection. Once we get near the client, you kill him, and we both get what we want. If you succeed, you keep the child and I will have your name, and Nylah's name cleared with the Guild, for a man, or woman, of honor should not be forced to live in exile. I await your arrival with optimism."

And with that, he switched the message off. Nylah could hear the robotic breath of Mando through his helmet as he sighed.

"Are we going to do it?" Nylah asked behind him.

"I thought you went to rest," He said, more gently than he expected. He didn't bother to look at her.

"Forgot my armband. So? Are we?"

"We should talk about it first."

Nylah's eyebrows furrowed, "Why? It's your ship, your life on the line."

Mando spun the pilot's chair to look at her. Something in his action made Nylah stiffen. He looked serious. "It's not just my life. It's yours as well. We make this decision together. We're a team."

She nodded, trying not to show the actual emotion she felt when he said that. She was excited, elated. Space got lonely and if she was gonna have a partner she wanted it to be Mando. Not only was he a smokeshow, but he was a great fighter and an even better strategist.

"It's a trap. You realize that, right?" She asked him, sitting in the unoccupied passenger seat. The child laid sleeping in the other, the one she normally sat in.

"But it could also work. Do we really want to be on the run for the rest of our lives?"

"We're stronger together. As long as we have each other I have no doubt we can survive anything," She confessed. Maybe not so sappy next time, Nylah cursed herself.

"Glad we're on the same page," Mando replied. Nylah's head snapped back to him, where he was still looking at her. His forearms rested on his knees with his hands clasped.

"We should get some back up. I'm thinking Cara." A smile spread on Nylah's lips.

"Sorgan? Really?"

"To get Cara, but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to visit for the night."