Victory banquet

"The one close to the heart of Vasilios shall destroy Vasilios" 

Just as the oracle, Eros Orna Vasilios was taken down, and the Vasilios empire crumbled. Medea achieved her goal but was left with cleaning up Eros' mess. As the second most powerful family, the head of House Solon, Medea Solon was made the new Emperor. 

'It's finally over huh...' 

Medea sighs to herself, one hand on her chin. The night is calm and peaceful with the silver moon hung high in the deep blue sky. Tomorrow is the celebratory banquet for Medea inauguration as Emperor, and she has a lot to prepare. The duke doesn't have to rest at all, but Medea doesn't need that. Work has been piling up like a mountain, and Medea doesn't have time to meet with Psyche at all. 

"Tomorrow is going to be a busy day." 

Medea muses to herself, the preparation progress is almost done; just a few more touches here and there and everything is set. Just when Medea is savoring the peace of the night when an idea comes across her, and she smirks. It is intriguing enough to make the duke look forward to the banquet tomorrow. 

____________________________________ 

Medea dislikes crowded places, that is why she rarely attends social gatherings and banquets, unless they are important enough or Psyche wants her to tag along. This time, it is the coronation of a new Emperor, and said Emperor is Medea Solon. Although Medea hates crowded areas, communicating is not a problem for her, rather, she excels at it. It is a Solon's second nature to act and talk politely and with perfect manners. 

The coronation has ended, and the room is covered in warm light, with music playing along the talking and gossiping of the nobles. Normally, people would gather around Medea and try to have a friendly talk with the daughter of the highest-positioned family among all nobles, it was all sweat talk, Medea knew it all too well; all those people ever after were her family's wealth and power. This time, however, no one goes too close to her or bothers her, which is one thing Medea is glad for after inheriting the position. Even though, it doesn't mean she can escape from the prying eyes and ears of others. It becomes even worse, if anything. Nevertheless, she cannot find the one she wanted to see most around. 

Medea is standing on the second floor, looking down to the other nobles dancing and chatting to the music, a cup of wine in her hand. 

"Greetings, your Imperial Majesty." 

Medea looks to her right; it is the queen of Othilei. Just when Medea was enjoying her peace, she is interrupted. Instead of showing her annoyed face and snarling the queen away, Medea offers her a smile in return and gives her greetings. 

"Your Majesty, is the wine to your taste?", asks Queen Othilei. The wine is a gift from the Queen, a wine liked by many in the Othilei Kingdom. 

"It's a bit bitter, but with a sweet scent to it. It's quality wine." 

Medea brings the cup to her face and stares at it for a while, then looks at Queen Othilei again. 

"I'm pleased to hear you like it, your Majesty." 

Medea put the glass to her lips and takes a sip of her wine, then puts it on the tray of a waiter passing by, without even looking at it. Medea Solon has better things to do than stay here and have boring talks with the Queen. The way Queen of Othilei looks and talks with her annoyed Media to her core. But of course, she cannot say it right to the Queen's face or grab her collar and throw her to the other side of the room. Medea knows there are eyes and ears everywhere, thus, she must keep her cool and act graciously.