03. Team Mission

⁎⋆࿐ྂ
three !
iii. TEAM MISSION

━━ JAMES POTTER HAD BEEN obsessed with Lily Evans since the moment they met in first year — so why was he thinking about Louisa Hatton so much?

He'd only just met her that year, sure she was good at Herbology, but she was no Lily Evans. He supposed her eyes were rather nice though. And her hair. And she didn't insult him as much as Lily did (although, she still did more than he may have liked). In fact, he was starting to find he liked a lot about—

"Earth to Prongs."

James looked up from his breakfast, Remus waving a slice of toast in the messy haired boys face.

"Sorry," he murmured, clearing his throat, "what did you say?"

"We were saying," Peter said with a cheeky smirk, "you haven't mentioned Lily in a while."

"What? I talk about her all the time. I—"

"No." Sirius interjected. "You haven't, in weeks actually. In fact, I've heard you going on and on about Louisa, not Lily,"

"I do not talk about Louisa." James stuttered, cheeks flushing a soft shade of pink.

He did.

"Merlin, he's blushing — Moony look at our little James!"

Remus gasped, pointing at James in realisation (if you asked James, it seemed more like accusation to him). "You like her!"

"Moony, I've liked Louisa for- Lily!" James panicked, rushing out his words after his slip up. "I like Lily!"

The three laughed at their stuttering friend, they hadn't seen him so worked up since Lily Evans kissed him on the cheek for a date in fourth year.

"Keep telling yourself that Prongs."

"Look," James started, pushing up his glasses, "for the last six years, I've only ever thought about one girl — I'm supposed to throw that away just because I think about Louisa Hatton sometimes?"

He looked up at his friends, whose laughter had died down as they realised James was being serious.

"I don't know if I can go through another six years of a girl I like hating me."

They didn't know what to say, James had never showed how much Lily's constant rejection had affected him — and they never thought the idea of liking Louisa would scare him so much. He's the infamous James Potter after all.

"Right," Sirius slapped him hands on the table, causing the cutlery to rattle loudly. "I guess we'll have to make 'getting the Hufflepuff to like James back' a team mission."

"How?" James asked.

Sirius just winked.

⁎⋆࿐ྂ