Episode 1

Something About Them

Allie

*Girls Like You by Maroon5 playing inside the cafe*

"Three brown sugar cheesecake boba please." iniabot ko ang card sa cashier para magbayad at ibinigay naman niya ang pager with my receipt.

I haven't had any bubble tea simula nang magbakasyon because I went crazy doing a vegan diet– that is obviously unsuccessful. Sera convinced me na subukan, pero last week she posted in her IG story that she's giving up- with a photo of her eating k-bbq. Speaking of that clown, I spotted them sitting sa may corner couch.

"You can plant trees ALONE." he bluntly said.

"Listen, Carter, we need to do this para ma-keep ang positions natin sa council please huhu." She pouted.

Umupo narin ako to check the post Sera is talking about. It's a volunteer call-out for a tree-planting activity in Naic. Nakita narin siguro niya ang notice sa school website that 10th graders did a project for stray animals. They managed to gather funds and put up a hundred rain shelters around the city.

"You really like having the school in your hands, and please, last year na natin 'to in highschool so do me a favor and just kick me out of the student council."

He, of course, doesn't need to be part of the student council to have the whole student population in his hands. He can have everyone using that face.

"Your dad, and my dad." Sera paused, showing him a text message." will kick us out if we lose to that Julie."

The pager vibrated and Zhu stood up to get our drinks.

"Your dad and Carter's? Anong meron?" I curiously asked.

"They're working on building a foundation with CISM. Julie's dad wants to get the deal instead."

"And what does it have to do with us?" Carter put straws on our drinks.

"Julie formed a party to compete with us. They will try to be the next council, their projects will surely be funded by her dad and they will be favored over us. Gets?" frustration is painted on her face.

I shook my head. These two just love complaining, gagawin din naman nila. I took a sip of my milktea. Magpapasukan nanaman, this is our last school year before going to college. The three of us have been friends since we met at a mall kid's playground, napaisip tuloy ako. There should be something new for us other than this student council routine that started in middle school as mere classroom officers for board display.

"Since when are we old enough for these things?" Carter is giving us a questioning look.

Sera just shrugged her shoulders. "Since we stopped using fake IDs in clubs?"

Carter grinned, biting his straw. "It's been a while since we hosted our own happy."