Chapter 28: Me, You, And The Play

Jay came inside without his cousin beside him, which made Avy a bit puzzled.

"Jay?" I called

"Yes?" He replied as he sat down.

"Where's your cousin?" I asked as I look at the door whether to see her or not.

"Why bother looking for her?" Jay replied as he ate his food.

"She should eat before she goes" I told him as I immediately stood up.

"No need to worry, I paid her big time. She said she was in a hurry because they will have a last practice for tomorrow" He replied as he continued eating.

"You sure? It seems like she was not in a hurry" I said as I continued to look for her.

"Avy, you should sit down~ I already told you that she is in a hurry to go" He said as he grab my hand and pulled me down to sit.

"O--okay then" I replied as I continued to eat and we were chatting the whole time we have.

°°°°°°°°°°°

"I'm excited" I told him as we exit the restaurant.

"Fow what exactly?" He asked.

"For tomorrow! I get to see and be with him again after how many months" I told him as my lips curl up.

"I'm not sure if you will be excited or curse him out after tomorrow" Jay replied as he look at me with so much worry in his eyes.

"It seems like you know something I don't" I was suspicious of him at first but when he smiled at me, it all disappeared.

"I know nothing" He said as we waited for his car.

My phone rang and it was from a domestic caller.

"Hello?" I said.

"Ms. Kim, you are requested to be in the quarters in a week" Zach's father said.

"Can I ask what's the occasion?" I replied to him.

"There seems to be a problem with the project you were working on" He said.

"Let's talk later. I will finish everything here and be there in three days" She said as she ended her call.

"A problem?" Jay asked me.

"Yeah~ Remember the project I was working on abroad?" She asked.

"Yeah~ What about it?" Jay said.

"I think it encountered a lot of problem that they need me to be there to solve it" Avy replied.

"Then let's go back tomorrow" He suggested as his car was now in sight.

"You are seriously asking me to go back when Heeseung's play is just in a day?" She said as she looked at him receiving his car keys.

"What's more important though? I thought saving your mother's company is important to prove your claim to the company?" Jay said as he opened the door for her to enter.

"It is important because I don't want this so called family of mine to ruin my father's company. BUT---" She stopped.

"But what exactly? What exactly do you desire?" He asked as he gave her a sign to get in the car.

She did not respond and Jay just closed the door and went to the driver's seat. As they left the restaurant she just rolled the window down and focused on the view.

"I am not used to this" Jay said as he looked at her.

"What?" She asked.

"The silence between you and me" He responded.