𝒊

love/ləv/an intense feeling of deep affection

love
/ləv/
an intense feeling of deep affection.

love/ləv/an intense feeling of deep affection

"ion know why we gotta move here, ain't brooklyn posed to be our home?" she mumbled to herself as she looked out the window, a sigh coming out her mouth once i saw that she was getting closer to the new destination

today was the day the aiko family moved to sugarhill, harlem and the girl was the complete opposite of excited. shanté was from brooklyn and adored the place, partly because all of her family was there. but now, due to her dad finding a better spot for his "business" her and her family had to leave their well respected home.

shanté wasn't exactly thrilled, to say the least. she had tried to convince her dad not to let them move away, but clearly it didn't work out. she hated change more than anything else, she liked it when things stayed the same. things get complicated when change happens.

the girl got out the car and walked in the new place, she didn't even want to make new friends. all her friends were at home, plus she was too focused on making music to have fun.

"sweetie, why don't you go outside with our neighbors kids? they have two sons named david and ethan! they're very sweet boys." her mom suggested as the girl walked back outside and saw two curly haired boys looking at her.

shanté mugged them as she nodded her head at her mom and followed the boys next to her.

"so, you're our new neighbor shanté right? i'm david and this is ethan, but you can call us dd and notti." the boy said as they continued walking. she can tell that they wanted to make conversation, but she wasn't really interested in making new friends.

"yeah, i'm shanté. nice to meet you dd and notti." the girl replied as the trio finally arrived to the court. the boys went to go get a basketball and dap up some boy that she was guessing was one of their friends. while they was doing that, the girl locked eyes with probably the prettiest boy she's ever seen.

"yo shani, come meet edot and ddot!" ethan called out as he grabbed her arm and pulled her to the group, breaking her train of thought. her and edot said their brief heys and even talked a little until she heard someone clear their throat. shantés breath slightly hitched as she turned and locked eyes with the boy again, extending his hand out. the girl was love struck, orange hues shined down on the boy's freckled and scarred skin as his pupils dilated slightly at the sight of the girl in front of him.

"i'm darrian, but you can call me ddot. i'm guessing you, the new neighbor. ethan kept saying how he thought it was a boy, so we can see if they can rap. but, maybe next time." his voice was raspy, but smooth like butter with a harlem type of flow. she took his stretched out hand as her eyes brightened up at the mention of rapping, she quickly made it known that she in fact can rap.

darrian scoffed and mumbled something slick to dd, she didn't like that. plus, she loves proving a nigga wrong, and she bet that she can out rap his ass. the girl took a deep breath and lyrics that she thought of off the top of her head flowed out her lips. it was a verse she wrote and scrapped a few weeks ago. her friends tata and jenn told her that she should've kept it, but she honestly hated it at the time. but, now that she's away from them she figured that maybe the verse was alright or she also just missed them more than anything.

the girl stopped rapping and crossed her arms, feeling darrians eyes on her. they kept eye contact until she heard that intoxicating voice ring through her ears again.

"𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒚𝒂 𝒓𝒂𝒑 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆?"

⠀⠀
⠀⠀

𝒌𝒂𝒊'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔 .ᐟ

i actually somewhat love this for my first chapter. but ummm, idk how this gon work with me updatin both books. we js gon thug it out. thank you for all the love on the intro chapter, i'm glad ya liked it. aii, that's it. DON'T B A GHOST READER. 💟💟

𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒛𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

𝒂 𝒉𝒐𝒐𝒅𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒛𝒏 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒅𝒖𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. ʚĭɞ