Author's Note

Hello Readers!

Thank you for taking a chance on Roizen. This is written as part of Open Novella Contest 2023. If anyone is also participating, good luck and I would love to read your stories (when I reach my word count goals)!

My favorite fairy tale is Beauty and the Beast, so I hope this retelling of the story with a twist does it justice.

Without further ado, I present Roizen!

~Sidescribe

Roizen Hall. The source of mysterious rumors about ancient spirits, enchantments, curses, and a bloodthirsty beast.

Everyone has heard and told stories of the dangers that plague Roizen Hall. Alana Bonnit knows one to be true; some who go to Roizen Hall never return.

When Alana is forced into the service of the Bellmonte family, the current residents of Roizen Hall, she swears she to do more than survive her term at the mansion. It was the last place her mother was seen alive, and Alana is determined to shake the truth of her disappearance out of the very walls if she has to.

But Roizen Hall's secrets and the Bellmonte family prove to be more than Alana expected. While dodging the affections of the twin Bellmonte heirs and searching for clues about her mother, Alana finds proof that there might be some substance to the rumors. There is a beast that roams the halls.

Written for ONC 2023 using the prompt:
#1 When a giant monster chases you, all you can do is throw a stick and hope they'd play fetch.