Chapter XXXI

°•. ❃ .•°

̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶         Bullet to the Heart         ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

≪ °❈° ≫

Lo'ak walked in front towards the tent, but didn't make it further than a couple of steps before the eyes on his back started to burn and he turned to the man.

"dad, you told me to become friends with these kids" he tried to reason "that's, all I've been try-"

"I don't want to hear it." the man closed his eyes and clenched his hands, holding his frustration as people were still around. Lo'ak whispered for his dad, trying to make him listen but the man seemed aggravated, tired of his son and almost expectant of his action, but disappointed whatsoever.

Lo'ak seemed hesitant meeting his father's eyes but tired and almost as disappointed in him for not seeing through his lie as his own son.

Jake's eyes were sharp looking down at his son's as Neytiri scolded down at him as well. He shook his head, tasting the words in his mouth before spitting them out.

"You have brought shame to this family."

At'anau's mouth hung agape as she gasped inaudibly by the harsh words towards her brother and she stepped out from between Neteyam. "Da-"

"you, stand down."

the girl stepped back, looking at the finger in her face before up at the man pointing it. She watched her mother who wasn't struck by the words and sorrow washed down on her.

Lo'ak stayed quiet and it broke the girl as she watched his stoic eyes lower, almost breaking his cover of indifference besides his ears turning low upset.

quickly he swallowed and replaced his features, ears twitching up and eyes back up at the man.

"can I go now?"

The girl looked at the man, throat closing up as her brother had been in a life threatening situation and the only thing he had done so far was scold him. She hoped he'd recover from his words and change the intentions of them, but his eyes only narrowed.

"Any more trouble, I'll tie a knot in your tail," his tone low in stress "you read me?" Once again the structural way the kids talked to their father when it became a serious topic went through and Lo'ak played along.

"yes, sir." he nodded, tilting his head once lightly "Lima Charlie."

Jake searched his son's eyes, backing up only with his posture and nodded his head for his dismissal, which Lo'ak took with no seconds wasted.

He looked at his family once, watched as Kiri stood in the background and his mother only backed his father up with one look, but he didn't miss the holes his sister bore in the side of their father's head as tears burned in her eyes from how hot her blood was running and Neteyam only stayed quiet with a lowered head, his hand around her wrist as a restrain.

Neytiri watched her youngest son walk away with saddened features before turning to her eldest disappointingly. "Where were you ?"

She eyed both children.

"Yeah," Jake interfered once again and At'anau couldn't help but itch at her skin by the sound of his demeaning voice. "What happened to keeping an eye on your brother?"