02

"Hi, Liz!"

My cousin squealed at the sight of me. She immediately sat in front of me.

"I heard from Greth that you have a handsome bodyguard! Crush mo daw!" namilog ang mga mata ko at agad ko siyang hinampas.

"Can you lower down you voice?" then I pointed at where Santi was. Nasa likod siya ni Liz kaya hindi niya ito napansin.

"Oh my freaking God, Hansel! Your taste really is superb!" hinampas ko ulit siya na ikinatawa niya.

"Ano ka ba! Sabi ko 'wag kang maingay!" I pouted.

"So, crush mo nga?" nang-aasar na sabi niya.

"Pogi siya…" I said as if that answers the question.

She shook her head as if there's a thought that appeared on her mind that she wanted to erase. She then proceed to ask me if I already ordered and if not, she'll order for me and it's her treat.

Pagkaalis niya para pumunta sa counter ay agad na nagtama ang paningin namin ni Santi. He was holding his phone, his fingers moving as if he's scrolling. I pursed my lips to the side, not wanting to break eye contact.

I'll never get tired of looking at his face. Seriously, how is he so handsome? He looks like he's wasian… probably a mix of korean and caucasian. His gray eyes are very evident due to the sunlight kissing his skin.

"Hemi? Hi!"

Our eye contact broke when someone suddenly spoke. Gusto ko sanang simangutan pero I don't wanna be rude.

"Hi…" I greeted the stranger.

"Long time no see. Are you with someone?" he looked around.

"Yeah. I'm with my cousin," itinuro ko ang nag-iisang babae na nasa counter.

"Liz? Am I right?" I nod. "I remember you were with her when we met…"

I nodded again. I don't really know what to say and I'm not interested, contrary to what he looks like.

"Do you mind if I sit here? There's really no table available," he hesitantly asked. I wanna tell him to just go elsewhere but instead, I faked a smile and nod.

I don't really remember meeting him. Nor am I interested in remembering. I already got my mind elsewhere, he's handsome but the guy on the other table is the real deal.

"I heard second semester already started in your campus," he started.

"Yeah."

"I remember you were ranting about how it was so hard to get through the first semester," he chuckled. Ngumiti na lang ako at bahagyang sinulyapan ang counter sa likod niya. Wala na bang ibibilis si Liz?

"So, how are you now?" his smile didn't really sit right with me. I'm sensing I may have to dodge something in a few.

"I'm all good. You?"

"You remember me, right?"

Knew it. I leaned on my chair. "To be honest… no." I chuckled awkwardly.

"I kinda expected that. I've been hearing how you were with people you just met," he smiled.

I looked away. "I didn't tell you that I like you, no?" What I said made him laugh.

"Not really. You said you just wanted someone to rant to, I just lend you my ear that night. I wasn't really expecting anything, don't worry," he tapped his fingers on the table. The smile on his face remained, like he was sincere with what he just said.