Chapter 23: Childhood Friend

He leans down and kisses me, I pull away quickly.

“What the fuck!” I say, wiping my mouth off.

He just laughs and looks down at me. He’s over 6 ft that's for sure. 

“What do you think being married is like, darling?”

I turn around to sit back by Gaege but he’s gone.

“Where did you put him!?” I yell.

“He’ll be fine as long as you obey me.”

I kick him hard in the shin and head towards our room. He’s not here. I check the other rooms quickly. Shit, he’s probably in the basement. Before I can reach the basement I feel a pair of hands grab me. They lift me up and place me on the couch roughly.

I whip around, of course it's gray eyes. 

“You really don’t remember me do you?” He asks, sadly.

“What does that mean jackass!” I say almost spitting on him.

He walks into the kitchen and comes back with a photo in his hand. It looks like one of those photo booth ones. I haven't taken one of those in years.

He hands the photo to me. I take it from his hand and the first thing I see is myself.

Looking at it closer I see my old childhood friend next to me. How did he get this?  

Then realization hits me and I look up. 

“Jim?”

“Yep, hi Y/N.”

“You look so different.”

“Hotter?”

“I….what?”

“I wanted to look better for you so you would like me.”

The boy in the picture was definitely the man before me. Except for the boy in the picture had braces and pimples all over his face. His eyes are still the same beautiful gray color though. I had only rejected him back in high school because I didn’t like him like that. I never thought he was ugly or made fun of him. 

There's so much I wanna ask but my words get caught in my throat.

“Why?” I muster.

“I’ve always wanted you Y/N. He just had to get in the way!”

“I love him Jim!”

“That’s too bad you're gonna learn to love me.”

He walks off leaving me crying on the couch. The Jim I knew would’ve never done this to me. He’d want me to be happy. What happened to him? 

2 hours later

I wake up, I didn’t even realize I fell asleep. I get off the couch, looking around. I don’t see Jim or the other guy.

Maybe, just maybe I can look for Gaege now.

I walk towards the basement but it's locked. There's no doubt about it, he has to be in there. I look around the kitchen and find a screwdriver. 

“I hope this works” I whisper out loud.

I put the screwdriver in the lock and jiggle it a little, nothing yet. I keep trying, this has to work! RIght when I’m about to give up I hear the lock click. I twist the knob slowly and the door opens. 

I hold my breath as I walk down the stairs, trying to be quiet. When I reach the bottom I see Gaege tied to a chair. I rush over, feeling his pulse. Then I try to untie him. 

“Uggggg!”

This is gonna take too long! 

Rushing upstairs I grab a knife and go back down. After sawing for a few minutes I get all the  restraints off. Now I just have to wake him up. I did not think this through!

I shake him roughly. That doesn't work so I try slapping him. That also doesn’t work and I’m running out of ideas. I try every way I can think of to get him to open his eyes but they all fail. 

I sit next to him for what feels like hours in defeat. I eventually doze off, I’m so tired.

1 hour later

I hear someone say something and I jolt awake. 

“Y/N” Gaege whispers.

He’s standing above me now. 

“Gaege!”

“Shhh!”

I smile and he helps me up. I hug him tightly, never wanting to let go.

“We gotta go,” he says, releasing me.

He grabs my hand and we go up the stairs slowly. I tense up everytime the steps creak.

We make it to the top and Gaege looks into the living room. 

“Coasts clear” he mouths.

I nod and we head towards the front door.

He looks out the window and smiles at me.

We unlock the door and rush towards my car since it's closer. Gaege gets in the driver's seat and backs out as fast as he can.

We see Jim walk out yelling. 

“Go!” I yell.

“I’m trying!”

Now that we're out of the driveway we speed down the road. I see Jim get into what I assume is his car and try to follow us.

We drive until we reach the police station, Jim must have gotten scared.

I look over at Gaege smiling. 

“Were okay” I say.

“Yep.”

He gets out and walks to my side, opening the door for me. I get out of the car as well and before I can move he pulls me into a hug. I hug him back, laying my head on his chest.

I cry softly, I couldn’t hold it in anymore. 

“I love you” he says, kissing my head.

“I love you too” I say in between sobs.

I look up and kiss him softly on the lips. I’ve never felt this way about someone before. I’m glad we made it out alive.

*This chapter has 928 words!
I plan on making longer chapters