The Decision

Earth

Against all odds, Tomura Shigaraki refuses to die. After everyone's efforts, Midoriya's self-destructing onslaught and even Endeavor's mightiest flames, the Symbol of Fear lives on. His body is blackened, completely recognizable yet he's still breathing.

All for One's successor points his hand at Midoriya, speaking in a voice that combines both teacher and student's vocal cords, "Little brother..."

The millisecond those tendrils shot out of that devil's hands, Bakugou's mind went blank. His hands exploded with a force and power he's never experienced before and sent him flying at untraceable speed. As if his body moved on its own, Bakugou pushed Midoriya out of harm's way and let Shigraki's tendrils impale himself.

Midoriya's eyes widened in fear, voice trembling, "No..."

With the last of his strength, Bakugou glared at him and gasped, "Stop trying to win this...by yourself."

When the tendrils left his torso, Bakugou fell to the ground below. Life escaped his body and his organs shut down. Bakugou's tired red eyes are trained on his childhood rival as his vision begins to blacken.

"I'm sorry...Izuku..."

"KACCHAN!!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

???

In a void filled with nothingness, two beings peer into an orb depicting the events that have unfolded. Both are ethereal dragons, one golden and serpentine whilst the other is purple and demonic in appearance. These two had been watching over this world since the time of its origin, since they played their hand on creating this planet.

The golden dragon commented, "Another fallen soul in this conflict, one so young."

The other dragon remarked, "A shame. I rather like this one." The image in the orb shifted to Bakugou's lifeless body. "One so full of hate and spite, a vessel with such destructive potential yet a soul that cries for justice. How unique."

These gods are mere observers, watching this world's most vital and critical events. Occasionally, one of these gods would take an interest in a specimen, for however long their limited life continued. Despite this, they take great care to stay their hand from interfering. Lest they risk another mistake...

In this particular case, the darker god had been eyeing Katsuki Bakugou for a short while. He enjoyed seeing his and his brother's creations grow from facing adversity and overcoming them. That's why the god brought such darkness into existence, to be a challenge.

This mortal in particular has gone through rapid changes, constant blows to his worldview and pride yet marching on and evolving into someone stronger. Many humans have done this but that cycle has led to constant villains, so for a hero to emerge was interesting.

The god of light turned to his other half, "Something on your mind, brother?"

The darker dragon stayed silent, taking a moment to think as an idea came to his mind. On impulse, he reached a clawed hand out and pulled into the outer realm. Within seconds, a small orange orb appeared in his hands. The soul of Katsuki Bakugou.

Sensing his brother's glare, the god of darkness finally answered, "It'd be a waste to let this mortal fade."

The god of light's glare remained, "We have made rules restricting our influence to avoid our previous mistake. I won't permit you to revive him."

His brother scoffed, "We already bent the rules once to allow these 'quirks' to develop, who's to stop us?" His large head turns to the soul in his hand, "But not to worry, I have a more original idea for this one."