Jeongsung

⌦ 𝐽𝑒𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑔
⌦ 𝑡𝑤𝑠: 𝑠𝑚𝑜𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑠 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑡
⌦ 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑𝑠: 661

***

"Ah- fuck-" Jisung curses as his hands go through all the possible pockets he has. He can't find the lighter though.

And it truly sucks. He's already overly stressed, today's not been on his side at all. Well, nor has this year. Nor this life.

Well, he's a workaholic who's supposed be on a prescripted sick leave to get some rest and take things easy. A few months ago, he buried himself under too much work and got drowned in it. All thanks to his perfectionism and personality of a people pleaser. He always needs to do more and more and more. The stress to do more and be better as well as the exhaustion from being on alert 24/7 – it all got too much and the burnout almost ate him alive completely. He wasn't bedridden for long as he half forcefully returned back to the work mood again; too early though.

He just hates not to be doing anything.

Work is a perfect way to keep himself busy. That way he's not able to feel anything or think about anything else. See, he's overly sensitive, has no sense of emotions or how to deal with them. Feelings aren't a familiar thing to him. In addition, if he's given any free moments, he's going to get into his head for too much. And that shit's scary.

So, now he's having a small break. To get some fresh air and to smoke a cigarette. What a hypocrite.

Except he forgot his lighter at home. Perfect.

He'd forget his head as well if it wasn't attached to his body.

He takes the unlit cigarette from between his chapped lips and is already putting it back into the box when a voice speaks.

"You need a lighter?" says a voice and Jisung lifts his head up, he gets hit in the face by a beautiful, sharp featured young man. Jisung almost gets hypnotized by those eyes and he has to snap himself back to reality and reming himself to stay cool.

"Y-yeah, I do actually..." he stutters and laughs awkwardly.

"I have one, I came here for a cig too" the young man says. Jisung watches closely as the man takes out a cig and places it between those pillowy lips. He then lifts the lighter into the air and motions Jisung to come closer. Then, he lights the both if their cigarettes with the same flame and it's way too intimate moment for Jisung. He can't help as his cheeks go rosy and heart crazy.

And those eyes of this gorgeous man in front of him aren't doing good to his mental wellbeing either.

"T-thank you" he stutters out as he leans back.

"No problem, I'm Jeongin by the way"

"J-jisung"

They settle into a comfortable silence. Jeongin looks at the busy streets and the busy people passing by but Jisung can't seem to focus on anything else than the other man next to him, almost too close to a stranger. He steals quick glances at the other man.

Jeongin's a bit taller than him but much more handsome. Jisung tries not to get flustered and turn into a blushing and stuttering mess.

Then, he remembers what the time is. Damn, he's already wasted some costly and very precious minutes out here. He

"I-I just remembered I need to get back to work, so, excuse me" he rushes out quickly apologetically.

He drops the almost burned out cigarette and stomps it into the dirty snow. "Um, it was nice meeting you, Jeongin" he adds quickly and then he's off, not waiting for the other man to reply.

He speeds back inside and makes a beeline to his office, shutting the door behind him.

And now he's frustrated as he's mind doesn't seem to want to let go of the picture of Jeongin and neither does his heart.

What a day.