CHAPTER II

Seulgi's POV

I was wrong. Seungwan was wrong. She never left my mind, since that night, and it's been a month already!

I've been busy with meetings for my album. We already have a concept in mind and some songs are already recorded but for some reason, it's still not enough for me.

It's good that the company is not pressuring me about this and they just let me be. After all, this is suppose to be a break for me after the hectic schedule I got last year.

"Seul, are you up to perform in an event?" my manager said, who just entered the recording room.

"It depends." I look at her. It's been months since I last perform infront of a crowd.

"It's a company event. They specifically requested you." As soon as I heard her say those I shake my head.

"No."

"The board is expecting you to agree. Seulgi, this is--" my phone suddenly rang. I look at it then excuse myself from my manager.

"Dad"

"You'll perform in an event hosted by one of the company's investor's" what do I expect? Of course he'll call me about it.

"But Dad--"

"You decided to be a singer then own it! This is the least thing you could do for the company that you're suppose to be managing." Here we go again. Until when is he using that against me? It's not like I'm not bringing millions in this company.

"Dad, that's really unfair." I said. "I'm still working on my next alb--"

"You'll be performing whether you agree or not." He said before he hung up.

"Seul, here." I recieve a tissue box from my manager, I just laugh and get it.

"Thank you." I wipe my tears. I sat down on the couch. "Was I wrong for auditioning in my Dad's company? I really thought he'll be proud of me. Now all I hear from him is how disappointed he is, that I chose to be a singer." I chuckled again. "Oh well, at least he did not terminate my contract."

"It still amaze me how you got through all the auditions, the training, and be able to debut without him knowing." my manager said.

"He never really introduce me to the public, that's why. All everyone know is his only heiress is still studying in a prestigiuos school. Haha lies."

"You did studied in a prestigiuos school." she said.

"And I graduated. Funny how he didn't attend my graduation just because I debuted before it happened. Ha!" I stopped myself my crying. "You must've been tired of hearing this over and over manager-nim." I felt her rub my back.

"Seulgi your name is above the entertainment industry already. He might not show it, but I know he's proud of what you've become."

"Doesn't look like it."

"Maybe he's upset that you chose this path, but that doesn't mean he is disappointed." I just laugh it out. I stand up and fix my things.

"I'll perform only 2 songs." I said changing the topic.

"I guess that'll work." managernim said. "Let's get you home already." I nodded and just follow her out.

Then come the night of the event...

I performed some of my ballad songs. Knowing this type of events, I've been in many of these before and the people here aren't really up for fun.

After performing a saw the sight of my Dad talking to someone for a whole the whole damn performance I had. I still hoped he would've at least watch me perform, like some people here.

"The CEO said after your performance you go to them. He want you to meet someone." managernim said. I just nodded. As if I still have a choice.

I walk my way to where my Dad is.

"Good evening." I bowed as soon as I know they took notice to my presence already.

"Oh! Here she is! You must be so proud of what she had become." I look up to see the person who just said that. I was shocked when I saw him.

"Uncle B!" I exclaimed excitedly and went up to him.

"You'll never stop calling me that, will you?" I didn't notice that it was him they were talking to. I let go from hugging him.

"It's nice seeing you again uncle. It's been years."

"Seulgi, you're talking to the CEO of this company, who hosted the event." Dad spoke up.

"It's okay." Uncle assured father. He then ruffled my hair, that took hours of fixing.

"Aah!" I removed his hands away.

"I almost forgot my daughter is a huge fan of yours." daughter? I know he had two daughters but I haven't met them yet.

"I heard one of your daughters sealed the deal with a big client" My father suddenly spoke. "I wish my daughter would have had the same interest in business like yours." I look at him. There he goes again.

"Come on! Seulgi's doing great and I know you know that." He said. I look at my father. He just stayed silent. I can't help but feel down.

"Dad, sorry to interrupt but Jimin's calling for you." Another person suddenly enter the conversation.

I turn to look at her but I'm facing her back as she's handing a phone to Uncle. That voice, it's a little familiar.

"Did you tell her?" Uncle ask, who I think is his daughter. The girl just shake her head. Uncle look at us. "Excuse me. My youngest is calling." I smiled at that. He then walk away from us.

"Joohyun! Congratulations by the way!" the girl suddenly turn around and face us, smiling. As soon as I saw the sight of her, I think my breath have been taken away, not only by her beauty but also at the thought of meeting her again.

"Thank you, Uncle." she shake hands with him, before looking at me.

"This is..."

"Kang Seulgi." she finished my father's sentence as she reach out her hand. I accepted it. "You're performance was beautiful." she said.

"Thank you." she nodded.

I can't believe this! He's Uncle B's daughter!?