Chapter 2 - A Little Red Feast

Hunger, thirst, gluttony.

The girl could hear the sound of the Wolf jumping as she kept on running. The threatening sound of the breeze brushing through her hair was interrupted by the sharp sound of glass shattering, followed by a shrill and painful scream.

She looked back, only for a second, to see that the wolf had violently bitten the glass bottle the moment it came into its view. She could see its face was covered in a mixture of wine and blood as there were cuts all over its mouth. It screeched as she kept on running, her heart mixed with emotions from relief to terror, but even so she couldn't stop yet, she needed help, and the glass would only help for so long.

It would be a lie to say she wasn't scared. But swiling with her fear there was something else, hope; her grandma was still alive, wasn't she? She had to be, the girl saw it, she saw her squirm. So weak, so close, she just needed to find somebody to help her. 

Not a single word invented could fully describe the crushing mix of feelings the girl felt in her heart as her legs kept on moving on their own. She brought her hands around her mouth, hesitating, trying to recover the lost breaths before screaming from the top of her exausted lungs.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE!",

she didn't wait for an answer before yelling again.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE!".

Two times weren't enough to calm her desperation.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEBODY PLEASE!".

She gasped out a third time as she finally stopped running, her breaths coming and going as she stopped herself from throwing up whatever she had in her stomach.

A hand held one of her knees as another covered her mouth. But as she her legs trembled in the lack of movement, all the tiredness and helplessness hit her guts in a single late blow. And she barfed out through her hand whatever her lunch had been that day...

Holding herself to a tree, her eyes refused to shed a tear as instead she felt the agonizing pain in her stomach again...

 The girl in the riding hood panting heavily as she couldn't hear anything around her, even if she tried. Was she far away enough? Did anybody hear her pleads?

Her fingers slowly nailed into her own skin as she didn't know what to do next.

"...somebody please..."