Fiery Hair, Emerald Eyes

Thats it for today on sports news folks now moving right on to entertainment..beloved songwriter and musical heartthrob JK has announced hes going on a short break in order to and I quote revitalize, refresh and come back with the biggest hit that has ever hit our shores. The star singer of the platinum winning song Good to be loved has been conquering the charts over the past year, will he be able to keep his steady record going for a while or was he just another one hit wonder, a spark and nothing more_ That was about enough!

I turned off my phone and threw it across the couch. Throwing back my head on the headrest of the couch, I puffed out a breath I didnt realize I had been holding in and groaned audibly.

"Are you okay, son?" I heard mama ask from the kitchen and I got up slowly from where I sat. I rubbed my eyes sleepily and stumbled towards the kitchen.

I was ready to rant, grumble. kick my feet in the air and throw a never ending tantrum, but mama appreciates good behavior even in times of vexation. I sighed and rested my chin on her shoulder, she pat my head softly and continued to stir her pot of soup.

''I'm tired ma" I mumbled, taking in her usual welcoming scent of apricots and a tinge of lavender.

''I know'' She whispered and turned to give me a hug.

I was only 27 yet I was stressing like I was 60.

''Why don't you take your time to step out a bit, it rained last night and I know how much you love the after rain look of the world? There's this new cafe I spotted when I went out to buy squashes the other day. It had little chimes on the door, a cozy interior design and a patio upfront if you prefer to enjoy the chill June breeze, it looked quite exquisite if you ask me'' Mama told me as she gently pat my back.

Maybe she was right, maybe I just needed to step out a bit.

I honestly do not intend to sound ungrateful, I love my fans. I love the fame, the sold out shows, the interviews, my face on the cover of magazines and all that. But at times I just wish I could take things a bit slow and things got a bit less difficult.

From my record label putting high demands to my recent panic attacks, the walls of my life were crumbling around me and I was scared I'd be crushed along with the weight.

I trudged in to my old bedroom which I used to share with my younger brother and closed the door behind me gently. He was away in college and left my mom pretty lonely in the house. I was kind of glad I chose to come home.

I ran my hand through my black hair and stared at my eye bags in the mirror. I had lost weight over the couple of years being away from home and I looked skinnier than what anyone would call healthy.

I didn't hate myself though, I just told myself that even though I'm going through rough times things would slowly get better, I'd work hard on that.

Not only did I want to bounce back from this break with a new inspiration for a song but with a different view on life as well.

I grabbed my coat, my notepad and stuck a pencil behind my ear.

I walked out of the house and started following the direction my mom had given me to the café. The town was too small to get lost honestly.

After exchanging a few his and hellos to the shop keepers who watched me grow, I got to the café far east of my home.

I stood at the entrance of the door and admired the exterior design of the building. It looked incredibly cozy with this rustic style that brought back memories of living with my dad in Alberta.

That was until he decided to go get milk and never returned with it.

I glanced through the window of the shop and there were quite a number of people inside. '' Crowds are not my thing" I whispered to myself, which is kind of ironic considering what I do for a living and found an empty table at the patio.