Chapter One - Poor Legolas :(

The stars shone brightly in the night sky as several figures sat beside a blazing fire in a great stone hall, laughing and telling stories of days past. One, a tall, dark-haired man, stood up, and the gatherers quickly fell silent. Although his clothes didn't show it, he was Aragorn, king of Gondor. He lifted his ale-filled mug in the air and began to speak.

"I have an idea for a game." he said, his empowering voice filling the silence of the room.

A tall(ish) ginger hobbit spoke up from across the fire. "What kind of game, Strider?"

Aragorn smiled and put down his cup, clapping his hands together. "It's a game I learned from the rangers in the North. It is called Truth or Dare. It goes like this; one person asks another whether they prefer a truth, or a dare. Whichever the chooser picks decides the next action. If they pick truth, then they must answer, truthfully, a question the person asks them. If they choose dare, they must perform the action that the person says. Would you like to play?"

A murmur of voices erupted from the crowd, followed by a unanimous "Yes."

"Okay then." Aragorn replied. "I shall go first."

He turned to an elf sitting opposite him. "Legolas. Truth, or dare?"

The elf thought for a while, then responded, "Dare."

Aragorn smiled. "Okay." He thought for a minute, then spoke again, a grin on his face. "You have to... cut your hair."

The elf's face quickly turned from smiling to horrified when he heard Aragorn's dare. "No." he replied, crossing his arms. "No way am I doing that."

The dwarf sitting next to him, along with the hobbits, stifled in laughs.

"You chose dare." Aragorn replied stiffly. Legolas continued to cross his arms and pout.

Aragorn unsheathed a small knife. "You don't have to cut it all off. Just... enough."

Legolas frowned and slowly reached out, reluctantly taking the dagger. "You will tell no one of this." he spoke sternly to Aragorn.

"Not a word." the king replied.

Legolas stiffened, clutching the knife as he held out a lock of his hair. "Namarie, mallen fin." he whispered as he brought the knife down on the golden lock of hair.

"Well done, my friend." Aragorn chuckled. Legolas gave him a sour expression as he disposed of the long lock of hair. Gimli, sitting beside him, managed to grab part of the bundle. "He gave me three!" he whispered to himself.

"Okay, Legolas, it's your turn to ask someone else a question." Aragorn spoke, sitting down on a nearby bench.