Prologue

*play The Dark Side by Alan Walker*

"Dayton... Dayton!!" our screams were for heaven to hear.

My blood rises to my head but I feel my veins frozen. Someone fell from the building's rooftop. The thud from his body dropping to wood boards and glass frames was a bullet to our ears.

"No, no.." I tried taking small steps towards Dayton's broken body, still tied to a chair, bloody. "Dayton please.." I felt mist in my eyes, my throat had a lump as I suffocate with my own oxygen.

Jayden's hands wanted to reach for Dayton but he was just standing on his feet like they were nailed to the ground.

We heard loud sirens from the police, but I was a few steps away from our poor boy. I tried to run to him but someone grabbed my wrist. "We need to leave."

"We came here to save Dayton. Now we are leaving him?" I gripped back to his arms with my trembling fingers. "Let's bring him back Chase, fast!" he pulled me by my shoulders forcefully so that I couldn't take any more steps away.

"Gia, please." the siren started to surround the place. "Look at Dayton! Live for him!" his eyes, for the first time were begging.

Tears started to fall as the police cars entered our location. "Chase.." I shook my head when the only thing I saw in him was the same fear crawling into my soul.

"Suspects in the area! Prepare for an encounter!" we saw the police taking out their pistols hundreds of meters away.

I glanced at Dayton's body one last time while Chase grabbed my hand. "Run!"

In a dark alley, we ran side by side for tomorrow. Cold tears escaped my eyes, dried right to my face by the night hustling wind.

Whoever killed Dayton must bleed dry from their eyes.

***

+xcy