~𝐀 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤~

As Monami entered Koel's room, she was shocked to see the scenario and condition of the room. The books were scattered here and there, some dresses from the cupboard were lying on the bed and the water from the flower vase was on the floor. It seemed as if some tsunami or earthquake had come and caused this destruction. But..the root cause of this condition of the room was...

A girl who was dancing and jumping on the bed, on some loud beats of a song while enjoying it to the fullest by swaying her hair in the air. She was a girl in her early 20s with mischievous eyes and naughtiness reflecting from her face. Though she was little dark toned, but it didn't affect her beauty by a bit. She was Koel! As Koel saw Monami, she insisted her to do a few dance moves with her and Monami too agreed. Both the sisters twirled each other and danced on some song for a few minutes and then Monami came and pulled her by her elbow and made her sit on her desk and fake glared at her angrily after turning the music off. 

Koel (whining) - Kya di?! Kitna maza aa raha tha!

Monami - Maza to tab aata jab chachiji upar aakar ye sab (referring to the condition of the room) dekhti aur unhe pata chalta ki yaha books ki jagah nachne par concentrate kiya ja raha hai.

Koel just shrugged it off and Monami made Koel sit in front of the mirror and started combing her hair.

Koel - Kya hai ye sab di? Guests papa ke paas aate hain aur taiyaar mujhe hona padta hai. Pehle powder lagao, kajal lagao, fir baal banao! Aapka sahi hai di, mummy aapse kuchh nahi kehti.

Koel said it playfully, but it somewhere pinched to Monami's heart as it's true that no matter what the situation is, Juhi never asks Monami to dress up or talks to her being concerned. Koel felt that Monami has stopped combing her hair and as looked towards Monami, she again averted her concentration on Koel's hair and tried to act normal. Koel already saw the pain in her eyes and mentally cursed herself for pressing the wrong nerve. 

Koel - Sorry di, mujhe aisa nahi kehna chahiye tha. But mummy aapse kabhi-bhi kuchh bhi nahi kehti!

Monami (playfully) - Jab tu itna bolti hai to dusro ko bolna ka mauka hi kaha milega?! Budhhu!

Monami slightly smacked her forehead and hurriedly descended the stairs along with Koel. They both went in the kitchen as Juhi was already there preparing some snacks for Col. Batra. Monami went ahead and started arranging the prepared snacks in a tray, while Koel was just standing behind Juhi & Monami and was smiling meekily, annoying Juhi.

Juhi (in a strict tone) - Kitni baar kaha hai jab mehmaan aaye to jaldi taiyaar hokar aa jaya karo.

Koel was still smiling revealing her 32 teeth and irritating Juhi more. It seemed as if Juhi's words paid no effect on Koel.

Juhi (not looking at her) - Kitni baar kaha hai ki apni ye battisi mat dikhaya karo!

Koel instantly closes her mouth with a lip-tight smile making Monami chuckle silently. Juhi picks up one tray of snacks and start moving forwards but stopped beside Koel.

Juhi (with a straight face) - Bahar living room mein tumhare Batra uncle aaye hue hain, unke saamne zara dhang se chalna!

Koel just nodded frowning and started walking matak-matak ke making Monami scold her sweetly.

Later in the evening, in the living room, Col. Batra & Dr. Mahajan were done with their chit-chatting while munching on the delicious snacks made by Monami and Juhi. Col. Batra stood up and went near the wash basin where Juhi was standing holding a towel, hugged by Koel.

Col. Batra - Sach mein kehna padega Dr. sahab, aapke ghar ka nashta world ka best nashta hai. 

Dr. Mahajan smiled and Col. Batra came near the ladies with hands joined to bid adieu. 

Col. Batra - Achha bhabhiji, chalta hoon. Itne swadisht nashte ke liye dhanyawad!

Juhi - Dobara zaroor aiyega, bhaisaheb!

Col. Batra - Ji, ji. Ab to main yahi prarthana (pray) karta hoon ki aapke ghar mein sab sukh, samridh aur swasth rahe aur aapki dono betiyon ke haath jald se jald peele ho!

Juhi smiled widely on Col. Batra's words and Koel hopped on her back from nowhere making Juhi frown.

Koel - Thank you uncle, aaj aapki wajah se mummy ke chehre pe smile to aai.

Juhi glared at Koel dangerous and her face fades. Col. Batra was about to leave when Dr. Mahajan thought to drop him till the gate.

Monami (from back) - Chachaji!

Both the men turned and saw Monami coming running towards them with a shawl in her hand. She came and made Dr. Mahajan wear the shall while glaring at him cutely while he made a puppy face and she smiled. Col. Batra just stood rooted and adored the Father-daughter like bond of this Chacha-Bhatiji duo.

Monami - Kyu humesha bhool jate hain?

Dr. Mahajan and Col. Batra just laughed and started wandering in the gali

Col. Batra - Monami vakei mein kafi badi ho gayi hai!

Dr. Mahajan - Bilkul maa ki tarah khayal rakhti hai Bitto mera. Ab vo ek successful doctor ban chuki hai, ab main chahta hoon ki jald se jald apni Bitto ka ghar basta hua dekh lu!

Col. Batra - To meri nazar mein aapki Bitto ke liye world ka best ladka hai!

Dr. Mahajan's eyes twinkled, and he happily turned towards Col. Batra.

Dr. Mahajan - Kaun? Kaun hai vo?

Col. Batra - Aap Col. Sooraj Shergill ko jante hain?

Dr. Mahajan - Arre unhe kaun nahi janta? Apne time mein desh ke kitni bahadur aur jabaaz fauji rahe hain. Humare desh ka kitna naam raushan kiya unhone!

Col. Batra - Ji, bilkul sahi ka! Unka chhota beta, ek commando hai aur aapki Bitto ke liye world best rahega!

Dr. Mahajan (quite hesitantly) - Magar vo log to kitne bade ghar ke hain.

Col. Batra - To kya bade ghar ke logo ko apne ghar mein sarvgun-sampan bahu nahi chahiye hoti? Main aapki ek nahi sununga, Col. Sooraj Shergill mere kafi achhe dost hain aur main aaj hi unke ghar ja raha hoon. Aapko Monami ki photo deni ho to dijiye!

Dr. Mahajan hurriedly went inside the house and brought out a really pretty photograph of Monami and handed over it to Col. Batra. Soon Col. Batra left for Delhi and Dr. Mahajan looked towards the statues of Ambe Mata from the temple, with hopeful eyes and joined his hands in front of the deity. 

------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

DO VOTE & INLINE COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED!

Also, thanks for being patient! <3