reunion

8 am my alarm clock rang and I got up, first I went to the bathroom and took my 3-minute shower, then I made myself breakfast in the kitchen. With my breakfast I sat down outside on the terrace. Until noon I was busy unpacking my boxes that were already waiting for me here yesterday. Slowly my stomach made itself felt and I decided to go eat something. So I called a cab, since I still had no car, and let me drive to the beach.

On the beach I quickly found what I liked and that was shrimp. So I went to the shrimp truck and ordered a portion, then I sat down at one of the tables. While I was waiting for my food, I looked out at the sea, I did not get at first as two men approached me. I only became aware of them through their quarrels. When I looked up I could not believe who I saw there. Because it was none other than my childhood best friend. When he and his sister had sent to the mainland, we had lost contact. But we had met again later in the Navy, but this is also some years ago. He saw me now also and stopped first, thereby he stared at me, then he moved and pulled me into an hug. This all to the amazement of his blond, small companion, with whom I was sure that he was from the mainland, I mean who wears a tie here in Hawaii.

We disengaged from our embrace again and sat down on one of the benches. We quickly noticed the irritated look on his companion's face, who was still standing in his place. Steve quickly knew why and spoke up: "Danny, this is Alana, my childhood best friend. Alana this is Danny, my partner." "Nice to meet you, Danny." "The pleasure is all mine,Alana." Danny replied. "So what are you doing here?" I asked her. "You're asking us, you're the one who should be asking that." replied Steve. "I moved back to Hawaii and was just going to get something to eat." I answered him. "How long have you been here?" he asked me. "Only since yesterday." "Hey McGarrett, your food." said the shrimp truck owner. He was gone as quickly as he got here. But no wonder with the crowds. "I'm sorry, but Danny and I have to go. But what do you say I make us some dinner tonight and we'll talk more there. I still live in the same house as I used to" "I'd love to, what time would suit you?" "Let's say 7 pm at my place." "Ok, see you tonight"

Then the guys were gone and I ate my shrimp which I just got. And I have to say, they are really delicious. I definitely need to come here more often. When I was done eating I headed back home. At home I sat down in the garden and when it was time to get ready for dinner, I went back inside. I was already looking forward to the evening at Steve's...