A Wangxian Short Story

Feeling like he just cannot take this anymore, Lan Qiren knew Wangji was not going to give up. Lan Xichen said he has also tried to get Wangji to talk to him. Lan Qiren did not want to do this but he said he did not want this to continue. He was to go to the Burial Mounds himself. Lan Xichen was also to go with him. Lan Wangji was under house arrest until further notice. He hated it, but when he was told his uncle and brother were going to the burial mounds, he hoped they would see what he saw, poverty at its finest.

Upon entering the mounds, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were quite surprised that the resentful energy here was tamed and held back from them. It meant them no harm as long as they had no malicious intent. When they were just close enough, they were filled with confusion.

"These are Wen soldiers?" Lan Qiren asked quietly, "they are all elderly people, and some even look like normal citizens, no cultivation radiates off anyone. They are not what people have said."

Lan Xichen nodded in agreement, "that elder woman there, she looks like she is bone tired, but she keeps going. Helping the farmers."

"Who said they were evil soldiers?" Lan Qiren asked.

"Well, the Jin sect as they were under their control before they were taken by Wei Wuxian. Even A'Yao told me that Wei Wuxian went too far, but now...I want to hear what Wei Wuxian has to say," Xichen said.

Xichen then felt something weighing on his leg, "you look like Rich-Gege."

Lan Xichen looked down to see a toddler hanging on his leg, "Rich-Gege?" He asked comely.

"Rich-Gege brought me toys, and even some new clothes," the toddler said.

Lan Xichen looked at Lan Qiren, "there is a child here?" Lan Qiren asked.

"A'Yuan!" They heard someone call frantically, "A'Yuan! A'Yua-" Wei Wuxian appeared not even acknowledging Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren right away, "A'Yuan, I told you not to run off like that! Your aunt will kill me if you got hurt!"

"Xian-Gege!" A'Yuan said happily and went over to him, "I'm sorry."

Wei Wuxian lifted him up, "just don't scare me like that! Your Aunt Qing can be scary."

A'Yuan giggled, "no she isn't, you are just afraidy cat," he teased.

"I am not!" Wei Wuxian said, "If you keep this up, I will plant you in the ground again."

A'Yuan giggled as Wuxian set him down. He then went to go sit in a hold, "then plant me, I want more siblings," he said.

Wuxian laughed, "A'Yuan, Aunt Qing will again, scold me for getting you dirty. She even made me go wash your clothes."

"Xian-Gege is scared of Auntie!" A'Yuan laughed.

"You!" Wuxian said playfully chasing the little boy around.

Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren could not believe their eyes. Wei Wuxian wasn't a monster. He had reasons to hurt those people At Qiongqi path to get these Wen people out.

"We were lied to," Lan Qiren said, "and those other sect leaders think this is just a dangerous man waiting to attack them. Wei Wuxian would never harm anyone without reason. I may not like the boy much but I respect him for his values. This here, is his doing and he is doing something right here."

"I think I owe Wangji an apology, he told me that these people are not bad. He told me that are just farmers and healers. He told me there was a child here, and I believed another over Wangji. I feel so ashamed!" Lan Xichen said.

"It's not just you, I had Wangji punished for being here, he had good intentions," Lan Qiren said.

"Zewu Jun? Grandmaster Lan?" Wei Wuxian asked as he approached them, "why are you both here?"