Author's Note

Author's Note

Hola gente!

So I took a break, one that was meant to be short but got extended due to some really stressful reasons, but I am back and this time I promise to try my best and not go on a long break like that.

So for new readers, I am grateful that you are actually giving Alogia a chance and I promise not to disappoint you.

Alogia is a book I thought of after having had a taste of reality . Yeah as africans (not all africans some in some areas and most in some areas) we don't really believe in mental illness or disorders and this is something I feel we need to address, something we shouldn't overlook.And I can talk from several experiences that we don't even feel like addressing it because they take it as you being bewitched or running mad.

Statistics tell us that about 25% of African Americans seek mental health treatment, compared to 40% of white Americans. Unequal access to health care is one major contributor to this disparity.

Imagine someone taking your dilemma as an interesting topic to make fun of ! Yes I can Imagine it and I want you to know that they can't really make a comment if they don't know what you are going through. So ignore all those negative comments and focus on creating a BETTER you.

And because of this , I have actually taken interest in writing books that address issues like these in our societies .

Alogia is a book written by me of course and in this novel I will explore "poverty of speech.Some people are naturally quiet and don't say much. But if you have a serious mental illness, brain injury, or dementia, talking might be hard. This lack of conversation is called alogia, or "poverty of speech."

I was also thinking of creating a snapchat group for us book lovers and based on the amount of people interested I will see if that can work

I hope you are interested to join me in this journey and new chapters are going to be updated every sunday.

And I personally can't wait for y'all to tell me about how you can't wait for an update in that comment section and also if you are interested in the snapchat group.

Don't forget to vote and share these boring yet interesting books with your friends.

Adios.