chp.1 opportunity

Quackity POV

As I wondered the empty streets of L'manburg I felt I was being watched, the feeling of eyes piercing through the back of my head. I began to hear footsteps approaching me making me speed up my pace . All of the sudden the footsteps stopped and everything became silent, for some reason this made me stop in my tracks taking in my surroundings then I saw it a man hiding behind a hood and mask making sure none of his face was revealed. Had he been the one following me?

"Hello?" I called out expecting no reply yet to my surprise I heard the man mutter hello back. He began to approach me I was scared but stuck in place not being able to react, "You're Quackity. Right?" I nodded my head how does he know my name and what does he want from me?

The man was taller than me making me intimidated by him. "And you are... " I must have sounded at least a little afraid as when the man answered he sounded as if he was trying to calm me down only freaking me out even more "You can call me dream". There was an awkward silence until dream spoke again " I have a deal. If you kill prince wilbur for me you won't have to work ever again, I will pay you a great sum of money for this simple task" I looked over to him ,my face plastered with shock I didn't have it in me to kill someone but after my fiances left I need the money. I looked over to dream thinking about my answer again.
"Fine I'll do it but how do you expect me to get close to the prince he's almost untouchable? "
Dream reached into a pocket pulling out a folded piece of paper and handing it me, I unfolded it carefully examining the paper.

It was a poster inviting the kingdom to a ball in the castle that following night,prince wilbur is attending this was perfect and all I had to do to get in was look presentable.
When I looked up to say goodbye to dream he had vanished signing I bolted back to my shack my mind racing what if someone had heard about how he was going to kill the prince, the eldest child of the Minecraft family, Wilbur Minecraft Soot. To try and calm myself down I grabbed a glass filling it with water and laying down on my bed with it. Soon enough I had fallen into a deep slumber mentally preparing for what I was about to do the next day.

__________________________________________________

  445 words
_________________________________________________

𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗜 𝗲𝗻𝗷𝗼𝘆𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗜 𝗺𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗻 :)