Chapter 9: Six Years

They both sprinted to the scream that was just around the corner. They halted at the next turn and saw Ali and a demon standing in the middle of the narrow path. Their hearts dropped when they saw Ali facing a single demon with his sword in his hand, both immediately had the same thought. He's going to die. Asumi was the first to act, her heart filled to the brim with worry, she dashed forward to the singular demon that stood 10 metres in front of them. About halfway in the dash, Asumi was stopped by an invisible force. Her entire crashed into an invisible wall. She fell to the floor, her swords rattle disrupted the silence that echoed in the tense atmosphere. Asumi could feel the shock through her entire body. The demon looked in the direction of Eira and Asumi with a sly grin on its face.

"Blood Demon Art. Strengthen '' The demon balled up its fist and clenched tightly. An orange wave went around an invisible dome, revealing the power of the demon. Invisible barriers, in the shape of a dome, after the orange wave spread across the dome, it went back to being invisible. Eira gulped seeing the sight of Asumi on the floor. She rushed to her aid and looked up at the demon who still had an evil expression on its face. Both the demon and Ali were completely still. Neither of them tried to attack first.

The demon squatted down a little and then leaped into the air, it must've jumped over a metre off the ground, it looked as if it was floating. Ali glanced backwards to Asumi and Eira, who were dead silent, as soon as the demon's feet touched the ground. It seemed to disappear into thin air, the only trace left was a cloud of dust, the demon reappeared in a completely position. Ali looked back forward and his eyes went wide in shock, it was an interesting power.

"What just..." Eira gulped she couldn't believe her eyes. The demon jumped again, the same situation, when the demon's feet touched the floor, it teleported. This time, the demon appeared right behind Ali, with its arm pulled back, ready to unleash a deadly punch. Eira's body shuddered, a deep red was flowing in the air, it was going to connect directly to Ali's head, it was going to blast Ali's head open. The deep red had a very direct path, Eira would have dodged it if she was in Ali's position, but obviously, Ali didn't have the ability Eira had. She gripped Asumi's shoulders. She couldn't help but scream out.

"Ali run!" The words came out dry of her worried voice.

Asumi closed her eyes in fear. As the demon pushed its fist forward at an alarming speed, Ali managed to evade the fatal blow just barely, moving his body to the side. Ali tried to counterattack, he twisted his hips to the left and swung his sword viciously at the demon's throat, the swung hummed through the air like a baseball bat. The demon was hit in the throat successfully, but instead of retreating in pain, it started laughing, a red mark on its neck healed as fast as it appeared. To the demon that was nothing but a slight sting.

"Do you expect to do damage with that frail and blunt sword?" It taunted as it moved backwards again. Eira clenched her jaw, taking her hand off Asumi's back she took up her sword and tried to pierce the invisible barrier. She grunted as she speared right in front of here with all her strength. The tip blade just bounced off as if it was a trampoline, she struggled to make any damage to the barrier. Getting more frustrated with each try. Tears formed in her eyes as she continued to give it her all. All while Ali was either evading or blocking the demon's hard hits.

Eira fell to her knees after 10 tough attempts. Her sword fell to the ground, she punched the ground as she held her head up, watching the demon taunt and attack Ali. It was like watching a frail sparrow trying to escape the powerful claws of an eagle. The eagle would constantly swoop down and grip the sparrow with its sharp talons, out of luck the sparrow would be able to squeeze out of the claws of death. Again and again. Asumi's face was pale, as she watched the demon slowly chip away at Ali. All of a sudden Ali had a sudden outburst of strength, adrenaline bursting in his veins.