The First Night (fluff)

It was a little after 8:30 pm when France and Britain came home from the hospital, America and Canada were being taken care of by Spain. Now both Canada and America were told they would be getting a younger sibling, and to America, the current youngest, was horrible as he would no longer be the youngest. America and Canada were both there when their new sibling's gender was shown at the baby shower, a girl they said. America didn't like girls, Canada was just happy to have another playmate.

As soon as their parents walked in the door Canada ran to them hoping to get a glimpse of his new sibling while America sat moodily on the couch with Spain. When America was called over to meet his new sibling he walked off to go retreat to his room.

Watching this Spain Britain and France all laughed knowing he would want to meet her soon enough. It was around 9 pm when France and Britain decided to put Australia the newest member in her new room across from theirs, going back to their own room they both fell into a heavy sleep.

America who had been sleeping fitfully was woken to the sound of crying from the room next to his. Forgetting for a moment that he had gotten a new sister went to go check on the crying. Walking into the room he saw through sleepy eyes a cot, grabbing the stool they kept in the room walked over to it and peered over the edge. Finding the fussing baby he reached down to poke at it, as he did so Australia opened her eyes for the first time since the hospital. America seeing Australia's eyes for the first time realised that they looked the same. Now even tho America and Canada were brothers their eye colour was different, America, having the only person in his life with eyes like his, was surprised.

Looking around the room again he found a blanket thrown over a chair, grabbing it he made his way back over to his baby sister and carefully climbed over the railing. Curling up slightly in the cot he spoke in a whisper "shhh you need to be quiet you will wake mama and papa." Australia not understanding started to giggle, America just continued to shush her until she was back to sleep. Making sure she was asleep just before nodding off himself.

When morning came Britain went to wake up America and Canada for school while France went to check on the baby. France seeing America curled up with Australia took a photo and went to go tell Britain just as he ran to go tell her he was missing.

"France I can't find America anywhere," he said looking at her worried. "Don't worry mon beau, I know where he is," she said taking his hand and dragging him into the nursery. Showing the two of them sleeping they decided to leave them and let Canada and America have the day off.

Several years later the night before Aussie's or Australia's first day of school aussie walked the length of her shared room and down to America's opening the door as quietly as she could she walked in, America who was slightly awake looked over at the door. Seeing his sister he shifted over and opened his blanket, aussie taking this as a yes walked as fast as she could to his bed climbing in and cuddling against his side