Hong Chong Yi - 5 Great Tips for Mountain Biking

Adventure adds meaning and thrill to life that is otherwise mundane. If you are adventurous, you have a passion for trying out new activities every once in a while. Mountain biking is one of the coolest and most exciting adventure sports to try out. Riding your bicycle over the rough terrains of the mountains is not an easy challenge, but indeed a satisfying one. Considering the risks, it is always safer to know some amazing tips before setting out on mountain biking. So, we talk about some of the best tips for mountain biking with Hong Chong Yi.

 So, we talk about some of the best tips for mountain biking with Hong Chong Yi

Research the location

One of the foremost things you can do to ensure that your experience is risk-free is to understand how mountain biking works. Additionally, choosing a specific location and doing your best to know its terrain and nature is a great way to start as a beginner. It also helps that you start small and eventually aim for higher peaks once you gain experience.

Get the best equipment and gear.

Generally, when you try adventure sports, the last thing you need is a risk of poor-quality gear. Make sure that you choose a good quality bike and associated gear for the activity. Also, adapt yourself to using the gear before starting the actual activity. Finally, it is necessary to check if you are comfortable with the gear rather than learning not in the middle of your activity.

Maintain momentum during the ride.

Understanding how mountains work is necessary for capturing them, whether on foot or a bike. The terrain is supposed to be steep and uneven, and here, momentum is your best pal while riding a bike. Refrain from over-speeding in the beginning, or consider small challenges lightly. Try to maintain a steady pace and know when to take a break when you need one.

Know how to use the brakes.

Mountain bikes are distinctive from standard bikes owing to their mechanism. This is why knowing how to use the brakes is important in this case. The brakes in mountain bikes exert a lot more force with little pressure, and learning how to use them effectively before going on your first biking adventure is mandatory to avoid accidents.

Be light

Try to stay loose and light while riding a mountain bike. You need to learn how to shift your weight across the bike as per the changing terrain. Additionally, putting too much pressure on your shoulders while climbing will wear you down quickly. Also, make sure to carry only the necessary items in your backpack. The lighter you are, the smoother your experience.

Wrapping up!

To sum it up, mountain biking is quite a fun activity to attempt if you want to do something new. However, understanding the process and the equipment and familiarizing yourself with the terrain is key to becoming a pro at this sport. So, the tips mentioned above by Hong Chong Yi are great points to start enhancing your knowledge about the activity.