crybaby

Summary:

"...I don't have any friends."

Katsuki knits his brows but the smile on his face doesn't fade, if anything, it grows wider.

"I already know that. You're a new kid! Of course you wouldn't have any friends,"

Much to his own surprise, a watery giggle bubbles out of Izuku. How very clever of Katsuki.

"I- I guess so... Do you have any friends?"

"No,"

"Then... can we be friends?"

Notes:

first chapter ! in which deku meets kacchan !! ( ' ∀ ')ノ~ ♡

________________________________________________________________________________

"Down by the bay,"

The children sing as their teacher claps along with the beat.

"Where the watermelons grow,"

The chirping of the birds accompanies the kids' ditties while they sway in cadence to the tune.

"Back to my home,"

The early morning sun continues to rise to its zenith as the clock ticks, but the children's voices drown it out.

knock knock knock

The teacher stops clapping and the kids stop singing. The entire classroom freezes and turns to look at the door.

A little boy with freckles dotting his rosy cheeks and verdant curls that frame his round face shuffles into the kindergarten classroom. His mother apologizes profusely for her son being late to his first day of school.

"'Z-Zuku... Midori- Mido-"

The little boy stutters and fails to tell his new classmates his full name. His tongue hasn't gotten used to the syllables just yet, but his cheeks warm in familiar frustration at his own incompetence. He bows his head in shame and embarrassment as he knocks his knees together and twiddles his thumbs at the front of the classroom, his eyes already glistening with a fresh gloss of tears.

The teacher senses his discomfort and takes it from there.

"Izuku Midoriya, welcome to the class! Everyone, Izuku will be your new classmate from this day forward, so please be nice to him. Understand?"

The class clamor in affirmation. Izuku sighs and the pit in his stomach eases just a little bit.

The teacher guides him to an empty seat with a hand placed lightly on his shoulder. Another boy sits alone, but his eyes don't meet his.

The teacher sighs.

"Katsuki, please don't be difficult. Izuku, if he does anything, don't be afraid to tell me, okay?"

Izuku nods, but he's still staring at Katsuki. The blond boy doesn't even give a response to the teacher's words; his eyes empty as he stares into space. The teacher leaves them alone as Izuku settles beside his classmate.

Neither says anything to the other.

"Alright class, let's start again from the very beginning!"

And the music starts all over again.

☾·.· ♡ ·.·☽

"Playtime!"

The teacher announces and the classroom erupts in high-pitched hoots and cheers. Kids jump out of their seats to raid the toy box at the back of the classroom, all except for a certain freckled boy and his blond classmate.